TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Scribble

Scribble Captain Captain

A lot of people (including the original cast) had those feelings. I was just at the right age to welcome more Trek with open arms at the time. I was still a huge TOS fan, though.

I will say, though, that my friend told his dad that I was a Star Trek and his dad said, "You mean The Next Generation, right?" quite accusingly, suggesting that no "cool" person would like TOS. Yes, according to much of the general public, TNG became "cool" to mention in the open. Just think about how many people touch their chest when they see a TOS delta patch.

2. JuvenileBard

JuvenileBard Cadet Newbie

Hello im JuvinileBard

im excited to meet fellow TNG fans. I dont really have a whole lotta cool stories, but i gotta wesley crusher sweater..... and an undying love for the Soong type androids. I don't know what it is, but gosh...

i honestly think Spiner is a awesome musician- if you haven't heard him sing it's amazing- and actor. Hes kinda inspired me to try and tame my singing voice- i play with instruments more than i use vocals so it's not pretty- and pop back into acting. I personally love his sense of humor and ide have to say that my own sense of humor kind of mimics Spiner's unintentionally.

ill stop raving about Brent Spiner and Data for now.... I guess i'm just a newbie Trekky, my dad kinda roped me into Star Trek, but i've always been a big ol' nerd i guess (''^-^). At the time i'm posting this, I'm 17, and will be starting my senior year of high school in the fall. I'm in my school's Jazz band- playing Trumpet, Concert band- playing flute, and marching band- on trumpet as well. I aspire to play Harp and learn more about the stars.

I find astrophysics hella interesting but i'm abysmal at math- like im going to be in a algebra 2 concepts class next semester im awful- welp..... ill stop rambling,,, but im new to the forum and want sum friends. :)

3. LJS1138

LJS1138 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi. I just found this site, even though I've been on the internet since it Ye Olde Usenet Days. I'm old enough to have watched TOS when it was on, and then again in syndication. Then watched TNG and loved it, and Deep Space 9. Voyager is where they lost me, though, although I go and cherry-pick the Doctor episodes on Amazon Prime now.

Of course, in addition to Star Trek, I'm an all-around science fiction fan, with special likings for Asimov's Foundation and Robots stories.

DamarsKanar and Scribble like this.