TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JDobbs

JDobbs Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone!

I caught onto TNG around 1988-89, it was my first introduction to the Star Trek world. It clicked with me immediately. I remember sitting in front of the TV on school nights just waiting for the opening scene. The episodes to this day still give you a moment to stop and think about your own moral struggles and choices. My favorite characters growing up were Picard and Worf, I still enjoy their roles but find myself leaning towards Riker at this point in my life.

I look forward to talking with everyone!

2. Riverside2233

Riverside2233 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello all. I'm fairly new to the site and forum. My love of all things sci-fi began on a deployment in 2007 when I came across the Firefly DVDs from a bootleg Iraqi vendor. Imagine my disappointment when I looked for season 3....

but I digress. I never grew up on shows like Trek or anything, but I've always enjoyed science fiction. Last year I was sidelined from an injury and got into Stargate. I devoured that, followed by Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (reboot), and - finally - Star Trek. I watched everything in somewhat production order and recently began my adventures into the Lit-Verse (still on ENT lit).

With TNG I really embraced the character-driven stories and the relationships between the crew. As a military guy I found myself gravitating toward the away-team driven missions and liked Riker's leadership style.

It's gonna be a hot minute before I get to any TNG literature since I'm going through the LitVerse in a someone chronological order (NOTE: about to start some Christopher Pike TOS stories), but I look forward to the new adventures brought to life. It's all new to me so Here. We. Go.

3. ThatChapThere

ThatChapThere Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I started watching TNG less than a year ago. I had seen one or two TOS episodes with my dad, and the concept fascinated me. However, I had always been told that star trek fans were outcasts from society (lol) and never gave it much thought. Then I started chatting to my parents about literature/television and TNG came up. This "Picard" chap fascinated me. So I gave it a try.
    The first episode I saw was "Pegasus", which will always be one of favourites. It really defines and shows so much that is trek for me. I haven't yet seen all of TNG, and I'm enjoying going through season one. Not all of it is up to scratch though . Unlike most young people, action bores me, since it's just colourful lights and a more or less predictable outcome. I love the philosophical concepts (remembering, of course that not all of it is necessarily correct), the fascinating alien behaviour; and that euphoric feel of watching the NCC-1701-D sail boldly past the stars.

Tesophius likes this.
  4. xanne

xanne Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi there!
    I've already introduced myself in here, so I don't want to repeat myself, I'd rather add more information to it C:
    Lately I've been watching and re-watching all TNG series and enjoying every bit of it. Loving all the philosophic plots and, of course! Data's my favorite!

5. Kane2026

Kane2026 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello There. I am Kane and I started watching TNG sometime in the early 90s - I think 92 or 93. One of my two older sisters was keen to watch the show on TV. We were at the time easily impressed with the pilot episode - Encounter at Farpoint. My sister especially made a connection with both Troi and Tasha and their skirt uniform. There was some confusion later on about Riker's beard but we watched pretty much every episode we could over the course of three years or so.
    I am not certain what drew me to TNG in those days. I enjoyed the conflict, and resolution inherent in every episode. My favorite character has always been Captain Picard.