TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JDobbs

JDobbs Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone!

I caught onto TNG around 1988-89, it was my first introduction to the Star Trek world. It clicked with me immediately. I remember sitting in front of the TV on school nights just waiting for the opening scene. The episodes to this day still give you a moment to stop and think about your own moral struggles and choices. My favorite characters growing up were Picard and Worf, I still enjoy their roles but find myself leaning towards Riker at this point in my life.

I look forward to talking with everyone!

2. Riverside2233

Riverside2233 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello all. I'm fairly new to the site and forum. My love of all things sci-fi began on a deployment in 2007 when I came across the Firefly DVDs from a bootleg Iraqi vendor. Imagine my disappointment when I looked for season 3....

but I digress. I never grew up on shows like Trek or anything, but I've always enjoyed science fiction. Last year I was sidelined from an injury and got into Stargate. I devoured that, followed by Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (reboot), and - finally - Star Trek. I watched everything in somewhat production order and recently began my adventures into the Lit-Verse (still on ENT lit).

With TNG I really embraced the character-driven stories and the relationships between the crew. As a military guy I found myself gravitating toward the away-team driven missions and liked Riker's leadership style.

It's gonna be a hot minute before I get to any TNG literature since I'm going through the LitVerse in a someone chronological order (NOTE: about to start some Christopher Pike TOS stories), but I look forward to the new adventures brought to life. It's all new to me so Here. We. Go.