Spoilers Titans - DC Universe Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched the second flashback episode revealing what happened with Jericho, the original Titans, and Deathstroke, and I have one quick question. Where was Rose during the flashbacks? There was absolutely no sign or mention of her anywhere in the episode, unless I missed it somewhere.

2. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Agreed!

3. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

I can't recall if they go into it in the show, but Rose and Jericho are only half siblings with different mothers. In this version, she never knew her brother.

4. Commander Troi

Yes, that's correct. In both comics and the show.

In comics, Jericho had an older brother, Grant, who was used by HIVE and died, all specifically to get Deathstroke to kill the Titans for them. I have no idea if he'll be even mentioned in the show.

5. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

6. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn’t expecting that ending but I enjoyed it. I just wish they would tone down the swearing. Just feels forced and takes me out of it.
    Barbara seems a bit young to be commissioner but I’ll go with it.
    I liked his potential Robin list. Recognised Carrie and Stephanie.

Commander Troi likes this.
  7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Is the new season streaming anywhere in Canada? The previous seasons were released on Netflix once the series was completed, but I am wondering if that has changed now. Also, is there any word that Titans will be returning for a fourth season?

8. thribs

Red Hood seems way more sinister in this; kidnapping mothers and killing civilians. I do t remember him being that sadistic in the comics. Something else must be going on.
    I kind have suspected that ending with Hawk as he was recently cast in the new Jack Reacher series. Sort of telegraphed the ending. Still very sad. If only they had a speedster in the team. They could reverse time.

9. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't we all wish we had a time-reversing speedster on our team? I would have never broken up with Angela. Eff the consequences.

10. thribs

It’s a spoiler thread.

11. thribs

It’s on HBO Max. They usually come to Netflix a few months after it’s finished.

12. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

Well, let's see. Jason was playing around with an unknown drug. He keeps waxing poetic about being free from fear. And we've got Jon Crane playing Hannibal Lecter, while also suggesting that Jason is cozying up to a new father figure.

If Scarecrow isn't the real bad guy here, I'm going to be straight up shocked.

I'll be curious how much effort they put into whatever means was used to revive Jason or fake his death. My hopes aren't terribly high, given the show's history. Also, very curious what role they are going to give to Tim Drake in this. With Batman having killed Joker (or at least seeming to, I'm not taking anything at face value with Scarecrow in the mix), it sure seems like Robin is off the table. Not that I truly expected it anyway. But how on earth does he fit into this Red Hood story?

These first three were ok Not as good as the start of the Deathstroke arc in S2, but I enjoyed them for the most part. Curran Walters does a better bad guy than I might have guessed.

DarKush and Commander Troi like this.
  13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Rose was sort of a Grant/Tara hybrid.

14. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is Nightwing known as a Titans member? because Dick seems to be pretty obvious by hanging out with Titans who are known publicly like say Starfire...

Starfire going on TV... Starfire showing up to have 1 on 1 talks with Barbara the same time Dick shows up and has been talking to her.

15. Commander Troi

I was reading up on Red Hood (since I wasn't reading comics at the time) and yeah, Jason was *really* horrible for quite awhile.

16. Commander Troi

We just watched the first 2 eps. I am definitely interested in seeing where they're going with this.

I was a regular reader back when "Death in the Family" came out. Killing (a) Robin was HUGE deal. I didn't call to cast a vote because it was a 900 number and cost money. :lol:

I LOVE Kory's new costume! It still has the color scheme without being a "string with a gland condition." Barbara was great - so much (fairly righteous) rage! And I really liked that Gar was the one who figured stuff out - he was often written as... less than bright in the 80s comics. :hugegrin:

@FreezeC77 that's a good question. It was always a bit glossed over in comics, especially considering that Kory is 6' 2" and her skin is golden.

FreezeC77 likes this.
  17. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

According to something I read on ScreenRant, the Titans are now a publicly known and generally accepted team whose membership consists of Dick, Kori, Gar, Connor, and Krypto.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like Starfire's third season look which seems more flattering IMO and fits well with how Anna Diop plays her. It's a tweak, not a departure but I think they've hit a nice sweet spot. Where in some shows (I really don't know Titans comics much) Starfire seems the child of the team here she seems one of the oldest and mature (by action and station, not necessarily age)

Dove totally reminds me of Gwen Stefani, not a knock against Minka Kelly but I can never fully shake that when watching. Conner might be one to watch, he's slowly growing on me. Seemed to me like he could've flung that Macguffin bomb out of there before it could do anything but I can roll with it.

I'm curious where it's going, I think so far it's working well within the kind of odd niche that it has. It's not quite like any other DC property in the way it's presented. I do like that the show has a definite urban flavor about it, it feels like a show in a big city that is often missing. That said, the team dynamics has been a bit weird and the plotting sometimes scattershot but they might be getting it balanced out. I prob need a refresher on the first seasons but don't feel like going back into that well just yet.

FreezeC77 and Commander Troi like this.
  19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

In the comics Starfire was introduced as a late teen and was Dick Grayson's girlfriend. She was a bit uninhibited which made for an awkward situation or two.

20. Commander Troi

Her original comic book look:
    [​IMG]