Tiny Trek Adventures (ongoing comic)

No Tiny Trek this week. My dog had knee surgery so I spent all weekend taking care of her and most of my evenings this week will be keeping an eye on her.

I hope your dog recovers without incident!

Yeah she tore the ligament in her knee a little over a month ago. They were hoping it wasn't completely torn and gave her 30 days to heal but it was completely severed. They tell me it's the equivalent to an ACL tear in a human so her knee wasn't locked in place and was basically floating on the muscle and other ligaments. Ouch.

So she got a plastic ligament put in Friday and she's been on pain meds and has a cone when we can't keep an eye on her so she doesn't eat or tear out the stitches. Good news is, she's adjusting to it quickly. Bad news is she's adjusting to it quickly and wants to run around all over the place when she should be laying down. She also REALLY hates being lifted up and down the stairs so she can go outside to the bathroom, but well, she's not supposed to be on stairs either, so she'll have to deal.

Since I started my new job this week, I've been busy busy and didn't have time to do a full comic, but I decided to do a little one-shot that only takes me an hour or so to put together from my notes (not including render time for the character portrait) and I'll be doing these for the Tiny Trek Universe when I don't have time for a proper comic that week.

Anyway, entry one is a cleaned up version of the Captain's Personnel File in an actual Photoshop format to make it easier for me to crank these out. ;)

Rendered in DAZ Studio
Assembled in Photoshop
Figure is Genesis 3 with Girl 7 base
Uniform is V4 Courageous
Uniform Textures by JamesJAB

That looks like a very reasonable career history. Eighteen years to make O-6 is pretty much on the mark; although it's normally two years, not three, to go from Lt-jg O-2 to full LT O-3. Ergo, that's either a typo ... or there more to that story. :)

That looks like a very reasonable career history. Eighteen years to make O-6 is pretty much on the mark; although it's normally two years, not three, to go from Lt-jg O-2 to full LT O-3. Ergo, that's either a typo ... or there more to that story. :)

It's tied to the same reason she was shipped back to the XO pool by the new Captain of the Saxon in 2258 instead of keeping her on, but I don't know if and when I'm going to tell that story. All depends on if that Captain ends up rearing his ugly head later on. ;) The first year though, definitely not. Already have that loosely planned out.

Yeah she tore the ligament in her knee a little over a month ago. They were hoping it wasn't completely torn and gave her 30 days to heal but it was completely severed. They tell me it's the equivalent to an ACL tear in a human so her knee wasn't locked in place and was basically floating on the muscle and other ligaments. Ouch.

So she got a plastic ligament put in Friday and she's been on pain meds and has a cone when we can't keep an eye on her so she doesn't eat or tear out the stitches. Good news is, she's adjusting to it quickly. Bad news is she's adjusting to it quickly and wants to run around all over the place when she should be laying down. She also REALLY hates being lifted up and down the stairs so she can go outside to the bathroom, but well, she's not supposed to be on stairs either, so she'll have to deal.
- Oh, your poor pup (and your poor purse/bank account if insurance didn't cover it). Hopefully she'll stay reasonably sedate and heal quickly.
Our dog had the same problem several years ago, and the worst thing (for us, not her) was that she was an expert at making the sad "how could you do this to me?" face which meant she got everything she could possibly want (and more, probably): a new bed, more treats, one of us slept downstairs with her while she recovered, more toys, more fuss, the list goes on... And then, once she'd recovered, she "decided" to pop the other knee too, so it was another £3,000 (thank the gods for pet insurance!) and months of pandering :rommie:

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: I'm on the edge of my seat to see the science team's reaction to the cargo bay creature!

Pooch update: Stitches are out and she's moving around much better and she's VERY much tired of not being able to just use her dog door to go outside as she pleases. She's got 6 more weeks of rest yet.

As work was involved this week with new and old job, another Appendix entry this week

Assembled in Photoshop

And I just caught two more typos. >_<

Necole's last line in the third panel, is that a lil' homage to Matt Decker's response when Kirk asked him if the "planet killer" was a "machine or was it alive?"

Necole's last line in the third panel, is that a lil' homage to Matt Decker's response when Kirk asked him if the "planet killer" was a "machine or was it alive?"

OMFG... I'd been wracking my brain for THREE DAYS trying to remember where I heard that from. When I was writing it out I was just going through the flow, but after I started putting the pages together, I'm like, 'I know that line' and I couldn't remember and it's one of my favorite episodes! AHHH....

So, to answer your question, it's an unintentional homage. The Adios Muchachos is an intentional one. ;)

Glad to spur your memory. The scene must have stuck with you, at least subconsciously because you even included the exasperated pause William Windom made when his character couldn't decide.

Another line that I easily recall is Decker's retort when Kirk says, "There IS no third planet!" Decker, arguably at his most pitiful simply notes, "There was, but not any more." But Windom gives the odd inflection, "...but not'nee more," with something almost like a southern drawl. I can easily imagine a moonshiner cursed with bad luck describing the recent destruction of his still. I'll occasionally recite the line, stressing the "twang" even more for comedic effect.

Last edited:
Back