Things that frustrate us all

I have figured out one thing today--when Crazy Sister started spinning out and getting all manic, I asked her about herself-- how she was coping. She stopped freaking out and told me all her problems. Then she was a lot more reasonable & rational. For today, anyway. She is very manipulative, has a ton of mental & emotional problems and takes it out on all of us. I think she can't handle not being in control or not being the center of attention.

So if I can't get her to back off, giving her the attention she wants will redirect her to something or someone else

In theory.

I have a sister-in-law exactly like that. She is the youngest of 4 kids and expects to be catered to all the time. She used to manipulate my husband all the time into giving her money. But, since his death 3 yrs ago, she doesn't have my phone number or any way to contact me so that's kind of a relief. I'll probably never know if she's alive or dead and I'm ok with that.

Why the hell are people still whining about Luke Combs' cover of "Fast Car"? Tracy Chapman herself said she was thrilled about it! She gave him permission to do the song, and she was happy as shit that it shot to the top of the country charts.

It's HER FUCKING SONG. If she likes the cover, and she's happy about it, there's no controversy. It's OVER.

Oh well. Big Outrage is a growth industry, innit?

That said, I am a tad confused as to why Combs left in the bit about "working in the grocery as a checkout girl". Dude, I think Tracy would understand if you changed one word. :lol:

Last edited:
Aha! He DID change one word after all! Just not the one I thought he should have. :lol:

anyhoo, it's the line at the end where he sings "Is it fast enough so we can fly away". Tracy originally sang it "so YOU can fly away".

So the royalties thing would seem to not apply in this case.

Last edited:
If she likes the cover, and she's happy about it, there's no controversy. It's OVER.

Since it's apparently your first day, I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to human society. :p

(Just a little joke. I have not heard of either of the singers nor the song before. But controversy and outrage are eternal. ;) )

Went to sleep with some annoying pain, woke up in the middle of the night and the pain hadn't gone away, and it took a while for the over the counter pills to kick in so I really didn't get much sleep afterward. I'd doze off and wake up and not much time had passed, then repeat. So I'm not looking forward to today.

People who walk in the early morning or evening without reflective clothing or a flashlight. I drive through a residential neighborhood that doesn't have many streetlights to get to my apartment and I round the corners and there are people crossing in the middle of the road. Thank goodness for quick reflexes and good brakes.

My mom and I were guilty of this for a while, but back a month or two ago, after we had two or three people pop up out of nowhere on us in the dark, my mom ordered some lights that for us and the dogs to wear. We have had light up collars on the dogs for a few years now, so we we did have some light when we were out, just not on us.

Royalties in music apply in a very different way. It's not just the words, but also the music and chord progression. It's a dicey road to walk down.
There are times when the original songwriter feels that a change of one or two words alters the meaning in a way that counters the writer's intention, so the original writer may not want to take full credit for the altered version.

Kor

Went to sleep with some annoying pain, woke up in the middle of the night and the pain hadn't gone away, and it took a while for the over the counter pills to kick in so I really didn't get much sleep afterward. I'd doze off and wake up and not much time had passed, then repeat. So I'm not looking forward to today.

Sorry, man . Are you able to use Voltaren? It helps me a lot with my arthritis pain at night. It's topical so it works pretty fast.

Waited at home for packages to arrive today. There was no delivery truck whatsoever that ever came down my street, but suddenly I get email saying my packages were delivered. And the proof of delivery photos were extreme closeups that could've been taken anywhere. I go outside to look and my packages were dropped off next door. Not only that, but packages meant for two other addresses -- one close by, one far away -- were also there! So I grabbed them all and delivered them to the correct addresses. But there doesn't seem to be any real way to file a complaint about this driver other than giving him or her one star for my delivery and explaining why.

Back