Things that frustrate us all

I'm expecting a delivery from work via UPS. I work from home. Delivery date was tomorrow. My boss got a notification delivery was attempted today and I wasn't there to accept it. That's not true, I was here all day, and had a Purolator delivery less than 40 min prior to the time UPS supposedly attempted delivery. I did see the UPS truck at my neighbours.

I called UPS, told them I was here and asked if I could just pick up at the UPS store. Was told no.

Local dispatcher called an hour or so later. I didn't answer as I was... Indisposed. They called again a few minutes later and I picked up. They again claimed that they attempted delivery, I said I was home all day. She tried to use my not answering the phone 5 minutes earlier as proof I wasn't. I told her I didn't answer because I was taking a shit and my phone was on my desk.

She then claimed the address I saw the UPS truck at doesn't exist. I told her that's because she is using the wrong address, it was ____ I saw the truck at.

I asked again if I could just pick up at the UPS store instead of waiting until tomorrow and possibly going through this again. She said to do that is have to wait until Thursday to pick it up :rolleyes:

So I guess I will see if I get it tomorrow.

Probably not 'frustrates us all', but due to my OCD, yes.

When someone uses a bar of soap and the name/logo on the bar is always upside down and even if you leave it it never self rights.

I just got fancy new pants, and they seem to be a magnet for food I keep dropping. :scream:

Kor

They were doing utility road work behind the house last night starting around 8pm and went all night.

so i had a little money in my paypal account, i wanted to transfer half of it back to my bank-account.
i log in to paypal and there is this huge yellow button "SEND", so i press that.

then its a long obstacle course with getting iban numbers, bic/swift numbers, bankaccount number, passwords here and passwords there...
finally it looks like the money is supposed to go through the XOOM service with fees to pay, fine enough.

then .... when logging in to my bank to check how much fees i payed in NOK.currency...
the amount i wanted to transfer back TO my bankaccount has been taken FROM my bank ???

it looks like that money is sent to XOOM , and that i will get that money back to my account after a couple of days.
So what the hell... i send money to XOOM, i pay them a transfer fee, they send me the money back...lol
............ i guess i should have pressed the other button, the small blue one that say "transfer"

Bought a tv as a gift. Died a couple weeks later. Took a week for warranty to accept it and then their aoluwas "return it to the store"

Did the exchange today, 40 min of driving each way, plus the carrying up and down the stairs to the third floor.

New TV broken out of the box.

New TV broken out of the box.
How big? And did you lay the box flat?
Because most of the big screen TVs need to be moved and unpacked in the vertical position. You can actually flex and crack the glass while it is still in the box if you don't.
(Something the Walmart associates apparently didn't know when they helped me load one in the bed of my pickup. Fortunately, they took it back.
But the Amazon delivery drivers did know and were adamant about the TV being safely in my house in the vertical position before I signed off on the delivery.)

Hotels and Holiday accommodation adopting 'Green policies' which are nothing more than an excuse to cut costs.
Recently had a hotel stay with was not cheap, they have a notice in the room saying no one will come to room during our stay or change towels.

They only do it now if staying more than 5 days, but don't give a discount if staying multiple nights.

If its Green reasons what's the excuse for not doing a room clean and replenishing coffee etc.

How big? And did you lay the box flat?
Because most of the big screen TVs need to be moved and unpacked in the vertical position. You can actually flex and crack the glass while it is still in the box if you don't.
(Something the Walmart associates apparently didn't know when they helped me load one in the bed of my pickup. Fortunately, they took it back.
But the Amazon delivery drivers did know and were adamant about the TV being safely in my house in the vertical position before I signed off on the delivery.)

I was once on a road trip out of state and happened to find a great deal on an "open box" TV at Best Buy, but the only way to fit it in my little car was laying the box flat. I was nervous the whole two and a half hour drive home. Amazingly, it survived the journey intact and worked great. Unfortunately, the box did not contain the feet that are supposed to attach to the bottom of the TV. The local store let me exchange it for a brand new one at no upcharge.

Kor

I was once on a road trip out of state and happened to find a great deal on an "open box" TV at Best Buy, but the only way to fit it in my little car was laying the box flat. I was nervous the whole two and a half hour drive home. Amazingly, it survived the journey intact and worked great. Unfortunately, the box did not contain the feet that are supposed to attach to the bottom of the TV. The local store let me exchange it for a brand new one at no upcharge.

Kor
Well, I didn't give it any thought because the TV that was being replaced (55" 1080p) didn't require such gentile considerations when we brought it home in 2009.

Back