Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, I hate ice and getting stuck. But, I discovered that in my efforts to dislodge my car, as well as the deep cold, I ended up killing my battery since I didn't run my car long enough. So, ended up jumping my car myself because it's so freaking cold outside. Keep sand in your cars!

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay, for the last :censored:ing time: A 'digital coupon' means you have to download the store's app, then link it to your rewards card, and download the coupon onto the card.

AND YES, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A FUCKING SMARTPHONE!!! THERE IS NO CHEAT SHEET! NO PHONE, NO COUPON!!! :rolleyes:

3. fireproof78

Coupons in general piss me off and I've been on both sides of it, i.e. working retail and getting yelled at for the exclusions, and trying to figure out what works and doesn't work with the clerk. I don't like coupons, I think they are a poor way to do business, and any app based promos are pretty much stuff I avoid because who has space for 20 different apps for all the places I shop to save a buck!

Gary Mitchell and Commander Troi like this.
  4. Mr. Laser Beam

I don't use coupons either. The only reason I even have a reward card at my store is that's how I get my employee discount.

@Farscape One, next time you get one of those scam calls, you might try taking a page from Tom Mabe's playbook... :evil:

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

One thing I really like about HEB is that they have paper coupons hanging next to the product AND have it on their app. No card needed, and no one loses out. Other stores don't do this as often and it seems kinda stingy to me.

6. fireproof78

Dafuq?

Some stores procedures hurt my brain...

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Well, they have to have some way of identifying me when I go to buy something...

It's really no big deal. I'm at the checkout lane, they scan the stuff I'm buying, then scan my card, and that's how the system knows I work there. :shrug:

And sometimes the store rewards us. Like when the pandemic dropped, they basically gave us free food. The store loaded a balance of X dollars onto all of our reward cards. And we could spend it on whatever we wanted at the store. They also gave us fuel points.

Avro Arrow and Commander Troi like this.
  8. fireproof78

The company I worked for just used employee ID. So did the one my dad worked for. Yes, yes, I know, different companies do different things. To me, that's a backhanded compliment of "Well, you're like a customer to us, employee. That's your value." I'm sure that's not the intent but boy would I have a hard time with it as an employee.

9. Magic Maik

Magic Maik Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When you're feeling ill and you think you'll never get better ever again, "This is it!"

auntiehill and Commander Troi like this.
  10. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Not being able to work from home anymore. :censored::brickwall:

11. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Ugh, that is awful. Sorry. :(

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

As a cashier the two things I hated most were coupons, and price matching,.
    HEB?
    The two different companies I've worked for each did one of those ways, Wal-Mart gives us special employee discount cards, and the other company attached it to our store membership card.

13. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did they say why?

Mine is immensely paper-happy so we had that as an issue while working from home, but we managed for the most part.

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Every time you book a vacation through Travelocity or Expedia and have to change any small detail or claim credit for a cancelled flight.

*Contact the booking agent* "I'm sorry you'll have to contact the airline/hotel."
    *Contact the airline hotel* "I'm sorry you'll have to contact the booking agent."

15. Mr. Laser Beam

No disrespect to Idris Elba, but I never use booking agents. I always book directly with airlines and hotels. Much easier that way.

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The perk of the agents is it's a one stop shop, easy to find the one direct flight across every airline and you occasionally get surprisingly good deals on a really nice room. It just makes things all that more annoying if you need to change anything.

17. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I *think* she wants pre-pandemic normalcy. But she says it's for team cohesiveness or some such happy b.s.

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds about right for certain managers.

Pre-Covid, we had one hundred people in the office. Post, we have eight so we've moved and I guess a large chunk of the space is now filing cabinets.

Theoretically, if we could get everything via email rather than some by post, my department could probably make do with a one day a week visit to file the stuff that we absolutely have to have paper for. The other people in the office, I'm not so sure but unless there was a power failure, even less.

On the other hand, if I didn't go into the office, I'd probably be even more antisocial and awkward around people than I am now :D

19. Magic Maik

Magic Maik Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When computer games seem to cheat because the developers are too lazy to program in anything more sophisticated.

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

What the fuck, Amazon. I ordered socks and got a plastic necklace stand instead.

Now I have to find time to get to UPS to return it. Argh.