Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Facebook just wanted me to add/friend my neighbor. She died last year. Stupid and creepy.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I stepped on some cactus thorns while my mom and I were hiking in the desert (posted pics and videos over in the animal thread if you to see what else we found), and one of them went all the way through my shoe and into my foot, and now it hurts every time I walk on it. It's not enough to need to go to the doctor or to even stop walking, it's just enough to be annoying and make me cringe every time I step with that foot.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I'd go to the doctor ASAP.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    Velocity likes this.
  4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

You should get a shot of antibiotics. Puncture wounds turn into nasty infections pretty darn fast.

Commander Troi and Avro Arrow like this.
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think it was that bad, it didn't bleed or anything. It actually stopped hurting by this morning.

6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Quoter of Quotes Premium Member

A miracle! :hugegrin:

Velocity likes this.
  7. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Modern tech... :mad:
    It seems that Chrome browser and the latest Windows increasingly "don't play well together" as more and more updates are released. I used to be able to have dozens of tabs open at once and things would run just fine. Now if I try to do that, everything starts freezing up.
    Also my Android phone keeps having weird bugs and crashes, when everything worked perfectly when I got it brand new a couple years back. :brickwall:

Kor

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Modern tech is wonderful

When it works correctly. ;)

dupersuper and Commander Troi like this.
  9. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

My car has been out of commission since April 10th. Worked one day, wouldn't start the next. My mom has been sick for awhile so I have to stay home to take care of her.
    I called a mobile mechanic. He came to the house and said that it was the ECU (computer). Mechanic looked around several days and couldn't find one less than $600 and then I would have to pay
    someone to program it to my car's VIN #.

I found a company online that programs them to your VIN number and it would be $257. I ordered it April 15th. It didn't arrive until April 29th!! They had the part but are shorthanded for doing the programming because of Covid. Called the mobile mechanic to install it. I could have done it myself but I wasn't 100% sure of their diagnosis and wanted a mechanic to be there to look for other causes if the new computer didn't work. He got the computer installed and had to follow the instructions to get the computer to start working in the car. The mechanic had his wife and 2 kids in his car and one of them interrupted what he was doing (which involved having the key turned on for half an hour with the headlights on). He had to start the procedure again but had to leave and told me how to finish it. By the time it was ready, the battery was too dead to start the car. AARGH!

I have a veeeery slooowww battery charger that takes forever and not much money so I bought a $40 jump-starter from Amazon. Car turns over but won't start. That was Thursday. Finally got him back out today and still can't start the car but his boss thinks that the computer isn't actually programmed! The website that I bought it from gets your VIN # and programs it in so I don't know what to do. The mechanic is going to research it but the only thing I have to show for a month and nearly $500 spent is a smelly car because the mechanic smokes like a chimney.

I'm sorry for the rant but I'm so frustrated. My mom has medicine that needs to be picked up at the pharmacy that is too far away to walk to and the stupid grocery delivery services charge sometimes almost twice the price as the grocery store has on the shelf.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yikes, sounds like you've had a rough few days. Hope things are improving for you now.

Commander Troi and Gary Mitchell like this.
  11. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow You were the chosen one! Moderator

Sorry you're having such a difficult time, Gary. :( Hopefully it all gets straightened out soon (and without costing you a small fortune in the process).

Hopefully the pharmacy offers a delivery service so you can at least get the medicine without too much hassle.

12. SithHappens

SithHappens Captain Captain

Hope you get sorted soon Gary.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That blows, Gary. Do you have any family or friends who could pick up Mom's meds for her?

Commander Troi likes this.
  14. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

No one local. I see a lot of walking in my future.

15. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow You were the chosen one! Moderator

When the package you've been waiting a month for finally arrives, but you discover that the courier company apparently mistook it for a pinata, and beat it repeatedly with a very heavy stick. :mad:

16. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

Captain pl1ngpl0ng Commodore Commodore

i bought a new cordless logotech mouse, it was in one of those hard clear plastic things which are almost
    impossible to open. So i got the pocketknife up and started slicing and cutting, i could finaly get my fingers in there
    and i tore that thing open with force, stuff was flying everywhere but the mouse stayed in place thankfully.

very happy about this i put batteries in the mouse and sat down in front of the pc....
    something was missing, it didnt work. Oh,,,, that tiny usb unifying receiver!

It must have catapultet ot of that plastic thing when i got it open, i was looking EVERYWHERE!!
    behind the sofa cushions, under the sofa, from the livingroom to the kitchen, even in the garbage...
    Nothing!

I had to call the store to hear if they sold the receiver separately, they didnt.
    But the guy in the other end said "have you looked inside the mouse"?
    i was like whaaaa.. inside?

yeah, in a perfectly made hole by the batteries, INSIDE the mouse....there it was!

well... it was annoying, but i got a working mouse!

17. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that's the first thing they asked, I know you're not the only one who has run into that issue, so I wouldn't worry about it:)

Mine (Trust) came in a box without all the hard to open plastic so I just tipped everything out til my Dad mentioned that his cheap no brand one had a slot for the receiver in the bottom

Captain pl1ngpl0ng likes this.
  18. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

Captain pl1ngpl0ng Commodore Commodore

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

And the irony is that there was likely instructions telling you where the USB reciever was, but how many of us actually read instructions and instead go straight to I'll figure it myself? ;)

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's half the fun, figuring it out ourselves;)