Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, me too.

Still embarrassing as hell though. :alienblush:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Westie1701 likes this.
  2. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

You are neither stupid nor pathetic! I'm sorry you're lonely. ::hugs::

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Thanks. :)

I guess I shouldn't be ashamed that I almost fell for it...given that people like me are the PRIME TARGETS for this sort of thing. :lol:

4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Ryan George released a new video that is perfect for this thread! :lol:

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if I'll be able to explain this well enough. Might have to draw the roads. Freeway exit becomes two lanes, but you can turn left in both lanes. Driver of a car gets into the left lane. After turning left, there are two lanes but eventually a third lane on the right is added. At the second intersection the center and right lanes turn right. Driver wants to turn right but has made no effort to change lanes. After the first intersection light turns green, driver cuts into a tight center lane and shortly afterward cuts into an even tighter right lane. But then moves back into the center lane. Then takes the right turn. Both of these lanes that turned right, eventually only turn left. But a new right lane is added to turn right and that's where the driver wants to be so once again there's a cut into the center lane to cut into the right lane. After this right turn, driver gets into the left lane. Further ahead, left lane goes left and right lane goes straight, so driver cuts back into the right lane. I lost the driver after that.

Westie1701 and Commander Troi like this.
  6. Commander Troi

^ Sounds like one of our snowbirds. :lol:

Westie1701 likes this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

My youngest nephew is 12, and is a HUGE fan of Steph Curry.

So my brother and his family have tried...THREE times...to go on the road to see the Warriors play.

They never got the chance to see him play. Curry has been hurt EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKING.TIME. :mad:

Commander Troi likes this.
  8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like my family's kind of luck.
    They actually mentioned something in the annoying people video that I came on here to complain about.
    It drives me crazy when people are walking/jogging through our little neighborhood park, or just the neighborhood with music or an audiobook playing on their phone, without headphones. Not everyone wants to listen to your music or audiobook, and it's not that hard to find headphones/earbuds.

Westie1701 and Commander Troi like this.
  9. Commander Troi

Being sick for over a week. :barf2:

Westie1701 likes this.
  10. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thoughts and prayers, @Commader Troi! And chicken soup, lots of soup.

Commander Troi and Westie1701 like this.
  11. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Civil engineer responsible drawn and quartered, maybe?

12. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    Well, maybe not too much soup as to avoid many trips to the bath to help rest her knee.

Three engineers were discussing what kind of engineer God was.

The first, a mechanical engineer, insisted that God was, of course, a mechanical engineer. He said, "Look at the muscle/skeletal system- how all the joints work and weight that it supports."

The second, a chemical engineer, said, "No, God is a chemical engineer. Consider the endocrine system and the electrical chemical system used by nerves and various sensory organs."

The third engineer, who was a civil engineer, said, "God is a civil engineer." The other two engineers looked quizzically at him. He explained, "Who else would put a toxic waste dump next to a recreational area."

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yikes, hope you feel better soon.

14. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

So, a little bit of drama this afternoon at work.
    Customer (and I use the term lightly) came into the store; first, he refused to wear the mask provided to him and started talking about unlawful mask mandates and how the Supreme Court said that he didn't have to wear one, anti-vax, etc.
    So, in order to get him out the store as quickly as possible, the manager asked him what parts he wanted to buy. He wanted to purchase a jack stand, go out into the parking lot and use it on his car, then return it for a refund (which you can't do); at which point the manager asked him to leave.
    As he was leaving, he proceeded to knock over every floor display stand on his way out the door; he then picked up a rock, threw it at the windshield of the Nissan Frontier, shattering it, climbed up onto the hood, jumped up and down on it, denting it, then sped off in his car.
    Manager called the police and filed a criminal mischief report.
    It could have been worse, he could thrown rocks at all three delivery vehicles, then we'd have no way to deliver parts unless we used our own vehicles or borrowed one from another store.
    Or, he could have thrown the rock through one of the store windows, attacked/assaulted one of the employees, or pulled out a gun and started firing.
    People keep saying we're turning a corner on this pandemic. I don't see how with people like him.
    Just wear the fucking mask for God's sake.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well....guess what? They moved our closing date AGAIN, with 3 days notice. They moved it from Friday to Monday. We must move out of our old house on Saturday so we'll be homeless this weekend. Our real estate agent is trying to work a deal where we can move in while they still fix things.
    If that doesn't work, we will have to get a hotel for a night or two. La Quinta allows cats for a small extra fee, so we can go there if we have to.

What was supposed to be an exciting event has turned into a nerve-racking ordeal.

galleywest likes this.
  16. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

My MIL was/is being catfished, and when we desperately tried to point it out to her she brushed us off. That basically was the end of any kind of contact we've had with her, she moved somewhere and put her house up for rent (she occasionally leaves long rambling voicemail messages for my husband so we know she's out there somewhere). We really don't know what happened. Another friend's dad was horribly catfished and he lost his house. So you did good--you recognized it and got out. That's really hard once you're targeted by these people. They are extremely good at what they do and are manipulative and predatory. I'm just glad you're okay.

17. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@auntiehill Positive thoughts from me and the wife.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Thanks!

BK613 and galleywest like this.
  19. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jury duty.

Commander Troi and Velocity like this.
  20. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Have you actually served on a jury? I almost got impaneled on a jury a few years ago, but was eliminated in the second round of voir dire. Maybe I was giving off vibes that I'd rather be just about anywhere else -- like in an IRS office having my taxes audited or in a dentist's chair having a root canal done.

I got another jury duty notice last month. This time I wasn't asked to report for service during the entire five days.

The thing is, it's never something exciting like a murder trial. It's always some civil case about some chickenshit issue that civilized adults ought to be able to resolve without dragging the courts into it. Maybe trial by combat?

Commander Troi likes this.