Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to the fishy dish that you bring. [​IMG]

Commander Troi and Westie1701 like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That idiot needs a good...

[​IMG]

3. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Captain

Yep ! But don't get me started - my blood pressure is high enough already :mad:

Commander Troi and Worf factor9 like this.
  4. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Except that it isn't just a personal choice. If you don't get the vaccine and you contract COVID, you risk spreading it to others -- including those who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons. If I believed in Hell, I'd like to think it has a special place for those selfish idiots who refuse to get "the jab."

BTW, I had my COVID shots back in February and March of this year.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It all depends on body chemistry. Folks who have been vaccinated may indeed spread things. That’s not the only disease out there. I worry about what is coming next.

I think all biological research needs to be done off world. With spaceflight getting cheaper, Earthside level 4 labs need to be a thing of the past. Genetics scares me more than atomic power ever could. I didn’t like social conservatives demonizing STDs or mandates. We need a dose of Russian fatalism…and to leave one another alone.

Life is hard enough as it is.

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have had mine, and my booster recently and i am in favour of people being vaccinated.

And i do get your point, but i personally don't feel they should be mandatory as they are now in some countries.

I think those who try and convince others not to have it are the ones i would reserve that place in hell for.

7. Westie1701

They really don't need to be convinced, though, and I think that's the worst part.

Getting their "facts" from places like Fox and OAN - and something vaguely science-y sounding on their cousin's Facebook - is all they need to buy into it as a hoax, conspiracy, whatever, and then we're off and running.

The toll is headed for a million - A MILLION ! - dead, probably by February, and they just don't care.

I don't think it should be mandatory, but I also don't think it should need to be.

8. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Today's frustration: people who invite themselves over to your house. My sister decided to come to town for Thanksgiving. Instead of coming on that day or maybe the day before like most people, she invited herself over today. No telling how long she'll be here. I love my sister but she's a lot to take. I didn't have much time to prepare myself.

9. Westie1701

Oh, man - it's only Monday ! That would chap my hide, too...

I need time to prepare as well - no matter how much I like the person !

You can come over and hide here - I have doughnuts :)

Commander Troi and Gary Mitchell like this.
  10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mmm...food of the gods.

11. Worf factor9

[​IMG]

12. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Certainly here in Europe political point scoring hasn't helped, many of those in the EU waged war against the AZ vaccine which was very damaging to public confidence, likewise the media who couldn't wait to publish horror stories of side effects.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

People mention that they have read a book or seen a movie.

Being polite, you ask if they enjoyed it.

Said person proceeds to then detail every.single.fucking.thing in the book/movie/whatever and you really, REALLY don't care. You stop them and say, "Oh, don't spoil it. I might want to see it later." You don't, but really want them to shut the fuck up. They say, "Oh, I won't," but then keep on talking and reveal all the major plot points, so now you really don't need to see or read it, even if you wanted to.

Hubby's entire family suffer from this strange affliction. For fuck's sake, shut the hell up. Did people stop caring about conversation? Apparently so. See, there's this idea where you say something and the other person listens, and they say something and you listen. If you just go on and on, and don't ask the other person anything, and don't let them interrupt you, that's not having a conversation; that's a lecture. Or in the case of my in-laws, more like holding someone hostage.

No one cares about every fucking detail of a book you read or a movie you saw. Shut. the. fuck. up.

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are some threads active on this very board that would qualify for that.

No, not this one. :lol:

Westie1701 and Commander Troi like this.
  15. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    Setup an air mattress on the outside rear porch with a 5-gal bucket w/toilet seat for her.

16. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

HA! I thought that only happened to me. One of my relations and I are on the outs because I got tired of deleting one thought response after another and committed the ultimate cultural faux pas, I interrupted!

Westie1701 and Commander Troi like this.
  17. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Oh, you've met my parents? :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't remember ever having someone do that to me, but it would definitely piss me off if it happened.

19. Worf factor9

20. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

1. Mmmmmm doughnuts. Is there anything better than doughnuts? If there is, don't tell me because I love me some doughnuts.

2. Anti-vaxxers. Bleh. There was a guy on a street corner around here recently with a sign that said, "I tested positive for freedom." Well unfortunately it doesn't provide antibodies for covid, idiot. Sometimes I feel like one of the only people still masking around here.

3. People who talk at you rather than to you. It's exhausting to not be part of the conversation but not be allowed to leave it either.

4. My frustration: people who are not in my profession claiming to be in my profession and telling other people all about how this profession works. Stop it! Stop it stop it stop it! Now I have to clean up your mess. :brickwall: