Things that frustrate us all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

And if you are ill and all you can physically manage is a very hoarse whisper that sounds nothing like your normal speaking voice, then it's not going to recognize you at all.

Kor

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    This has pretty much been my mood the last few days. Tuesday even I watched a show on PBS all about how we are causing extinctions at record numbers and destroying the enviroment, yesterday the animal rescue All Seated in a Barn did a bunch of posts focusing on the horrible ways horses are treated, and yesterday one of my coworkers pissed me off. So yeah, I'm not a big fan of people right now.

auntiehill and Commander Troi like this.
  3. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    Sounds about right.

When I took over my dad's finances, he had one account that I couldn't figure out his user name. The email account that it was sending the information to was an old Compuserve account. Fortunately, I was still able to access that. Discovered that his user name was an apparent accidental mistyping of his name.

Commander Troi and Avro Arrow like this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just remembered a couple, earlier today I heard that the far-right is preparing for a "protest" in Whashington DC on Saturday to get "justice" for the people who have been arrested for the January 6 insurrection, and people have been protesting at the CDC because they think they are lying about the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine and that Nikki Minaj told the truth in her Tweet.
    And to go along with the horse slaughter stuff, my mom has been following a rescue taking care horse that was in a barn that was set on fire, and a couple of guys were arrested earlier this week after they were seen beating and throwing big river rocks at a 30 year old horse that was locked in a pen.

5. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Nikki Minaj can go fuck herself. Her BF probably got swollen balls from an STD

auntiehill and Commander Troi like this.
  6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I completely understand! I've had to ignore the news (as best I can) recently for my own sanity. But I still get the animal rescue stuff and it often breaks my heart.

Thank Athena I have all of you folks and my IRL friends!

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  7. Gingerbread Demon

Aaaawwwwwwww {{hugs}}

The world is just gone crazy. I'm intensely worried about my home country and the crazy deals the US and UK have sucked our nation into. We live in crazy times.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Idiots walking their dog on the road, when there is a perfectly servicble pavement on the opposite side, they were also walking with the flow of traffic as opposed to it as they really should.

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Spent my whole week working on subtle connectivity bugs that relate to parts of applications nobody still working at the company has worked on for years.

10. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I have a cold or something. Got a stuffy nose, sore throat, stiffness and a slight fever. This sucks. :(

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

You're not the only one, I've got a cold'cough coming on (no fever though) and yes I have tested myself for Covid-19 and it was negative. I'm feeling better than I was a few days ago. A weekend off work, a few nights of decent sleep and cold medicine seems to be helping.

Random_Spock and Commander Troi like this.
  12. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope you both feel better soon.

13. Gingerbread Demon

I have a stuffy nose too but it seems to happen every September for the start of spring

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Thanks, I am feeling better than I was a few days ago.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is related to one that bugs me, when people jog in the bike lane. I see it all the time, and I don't understand why they aren't using the sidewalk.

16. Gingerbread Demon

I can do one better saw a couple of idiots jogging in a bike lane with oblivious to things around them only to get cleaned up by an idiot on a cycle. All three of them were idiots. The joggers should have not been in a bike lane and heard what was coming behind them and the cyclist an even bigger idiot for not slowing down but just trying to barrel through them.

17. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better. Had some chicken noodle soup along keeping up with vitamins and such and it seems to help.

18. Gingerbread Demon

Now I feel like a bowl of chicken noodle soup, funny I was thinking that before reading this thread now I want some, so off to the pantry I will go.

Commander Troi and Random_Spock like this.
  19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I was under the impression that standard practice when walking was to walk with the flow of traffic so you can't see what's comng, to listen to music at a loud volume so you can't hear what is coming either.

Velocity and Commander Troi like this.
  20. Gingerbread Demon

No they were jogging in the direction of the bike lane and all 3 of them were idiots. If anyone was to blame for any injuries it would have been the cyclist for not slowing down.