The Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Short side of a week I'd say.

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

One, if he did not know how to operate the tank, he ran the risk of crashing into a building and bringing tons of rubble on top of him. Or, he could trap himself in a position where he could not escape.

But your idea is interesting in that it makes me wonder: if he gained some control over the tank--then he received Glenn's call, would he stop--or continue to risk being swarmed by legions of walkers?

3. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, after reviewing, I guess the bare bones estimate that it could be is Daryl returns to the church 6 days after Beth was kidnapped, which I'll say is the same night that Carol shows up at the hospital

What makes it a bit tough to swallow that timeline is that it means Daryl was only captive at Terminus between late-ish morning & late-ish afternoon of one day, because they had to hike in though some of the morning after the night of killing Joe's gang, & then hiked out of Terminus & set up camp in daylight the following day.

That means that in what... like no more than 7 - 9 hours, Gareth was able to find out, & commit to memory, every single name of every person in Rick's boxcar, including the infant, such that he could give a roll call in the church, after stalking them throughout the night they escaped, into the next day, when they find the church?

I'd like to think that cannibals probably wouldn't want to spend that kind of effort, to memorize their menu choices' names within hours of capturing them, but whatevs. That whole creepy roll call seemed done really cheaply for effect anyhow, & now that I examine the time frame, it seems pretty stupid too

4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it a trivial thing to start a tank? Does it have a key and an ignition? I truly have no idea.

5. Trekker4747

Sort of my thoughts, I doubt it's like starting a car and you just turn a key and go. I'd think it'd be more akin to starting an airplane where there's a series of steps and procedures you have to do to get it ready to be started, or starting a car with an unsynchronized transmission or something like that. I don't think if I found myself in one I'd even know where to begin to start a tank. Especially in a panicked situation and with my head ringing from just firing a high-powered revolver inside a contained area.

6. Mojochi

Been looking into it, and it turns out that Rick climbs into the turret. The driver of an M1 Abrams has a separate hatch & sits in the hull, between the treads. Rick couldn't operate it at all, from that position in the tank

7. TREK_GOD_1

So how has it been since the fall of the prison to the arrival at Gabriel's church?

8. Mojochi

9. Mojochi

Wow... That has drastically changed my perception of the show. It's been 13 episodes since Hershel & the prison fell, and only 10 days, & that episode aired 11 months ago. Jesus this show will be the death of me

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ah, well that explains why he didn't even try much better than the attempts to handwave a reason he didn't.

11. Trekker4747

How did he climb into the turret from the belly hatch?

12. Mojochi

lol, funny you should ask. He couldn't have. It's an error. The M1 Abrams doesn't have a belly hatch. The last U.S tank to have one was the M60 Patton, retired from use in 1997, & it has the driver in a separate section too. Rick is clearly shown popping out of the turret hatch though. He couldn't drive it from there

13. TREK_GOD_1

So, the series is now back to compact periods of time rather than undetermined stretches, such as the period between seasons 1 & 2.

14. Trekker4747

They're going to need to do some-kind-of significant time-jump at some point so that the ages of the actors more closely match the ages of the characters. Or sooner or later Carl is going to be in his late-teens which would certainly have impact on everything that's happened over the course of the series dependent on Carl being younger but won't make any sense if only a few years have passed.

But, it'd be hard to have a significant time jump without compensating for everyone's survival and encounters in the intervening time as well as the rotting of the walkers, which has progressed over the course of the series.

15. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    They can explain the T-Virus* as having an effect on Coral's** aging.

*Yes, I know the T-Virus is "Resident Evil." I'm sure Umbrella was doing some testing in this universe as well...:p

**'Coral' is 'Carl' spelled phonetically. According to how Rick says the name.

16. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

The prison does not exist in real-life. IT was a constructed set on their studio lot in GA. So any point of reference of where the prison is, or areas or objects near the prison, would be false anyway, since it isn't a real location.

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

If they have been moving south of Atlanta since this started, it would make sense that they would have to go back through through Atlanta while moving north to DC, since Atlanta would be north of their location.

18. TREK_GOD_1

It would be a nice change for the series if the producers did not lay out every season with guaranteed deaths of major characters. At least it would show the survivors gained some edge in the world, rather than 3 or 4 of their number being picked off every season.

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They shouldn't be dying to walkers at any rate. If you've been around long enough, you should be able to anticipate walkers. It's not like they strategize. It's more believable to me that they die by the hand of other humans. They behave randomly and irrationally, and that'll get you every time.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, if we went a whole season without any Walkers killing off cast members, Fans heads would probably explode just as likely as if Doctor Who Producers had The Doctor regenerate into a woman. :eek: