The Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 26, 2014.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, Beth and Maggie are close, as demonstrated in:

• Maggie's desperation to save Beth from the suicide attempt
    • Beth asking Maggie to join her in suicide (no one would ask an estranged person to do that)
    • Maggie's frantic screaming upon discovering Beth was not on the bus escaping the Governor's 2nd attack.
    • Maggie's voice over asking Daryl about Beth's fate.
    The series does not focus on their relationship often, but what we have witnessed leaves no doubt (so far) about how close the Greene sisters are.

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

i agree with your post (though I would have spoiled that Morgan bit regardless of it being spoiled to me before) but I didn't say the second quote.

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Adopted kids can be loving too!

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Anyone else find Officer Rapey's use of the sucker on Beth as being sort of... unsettlingly creepy? Like the sucker was a metaphor for something else considering this guy's demeanor and that, well, Beth is still a 17-year-old girl, maybe barely 18.

Good work on the actors for how the scene played out, but it was sort of uncomfortable to watch.

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Very much.

6. TREK_GOD_1

Well...he was a rapist wannabe, so just about everything about him was creepy. Goes with the territory.

7. Trekker4747

Wannabe? I'd say he was past that point, I'm sure there's a woman somewhere in that hospital whom he's forced himself on.

8. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. Everyone who watched it. Because that was the point.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I assumed the suicide girl had prior dealings with him before.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, it was made pretty clear that she "belonged" to him.

11. TREK_GOD_1

I mean wannabe in relation to Beth.

12. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I think that's all he is. It seems like people want characters on this show to often be more than they really are, especially Bob. This show is pretty obvious about things... if someone were really a plant, we'd be likely to know it well in advance.

Noah said he was from a walled in community in Richmond. I suspect that he will go along with the group since Richmond is on the way to DC. Who knows, maybe he will be leading them into some sort of conflict.

The best part was that the jar she smashed over his head was full of suckers. Poetic justice.

13. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, I haven't been following this thread or the show too closely, but I did want to give you guys some info from a former Atlanta resident. The hospital that Beth is in, as shown on a sign, is Grady, which is right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. It's right on the 75/85 connector, and very close to I-20, so they could theoretically get there very quickly from pretty much anywhere inside or just outside the perimeter (I-285).

As for how close any suburb/rural areas are, they're pretty much everywhere if you're outside 285 and away from any other interstates. I grew up in Gainesville GA, and outside of rush hour times, I could get to the middle of Atlanta inside an hour. And there were plenty of rural-ish areas between them.

14. sojourner

I'm gonna go all the way back to the pilot episode/second episode with this one. Why didn't Rick try to startup that tank he was trapped in? The battery obviously had some charge since the radio still worked.

That's always sort of bugged me.

15. Trekker4747

It's possible the tank's battery had enough charge in it to power any accessories (like the radio) but not enough to crank the engine. It's also likely the tank was out of gas but the ignition still set to the "run" position to allow the radio to work.

Besides, what makes you think Rick knows how to drive, let alone start, a tank?

16. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anybody kept track of how long it's been since Beth was kidnapped? Seems like over a couple weeks now, but I have to recheck

Daryl tracked on foot until he exhausted himself, fell in with Joe, & went with them a bit, fell in with Rick, made it all the way to Terminus, where they were captives a while, escaped & made their way to the church, where they've been for a few nights

There seem to have been a short amount of events at Beth's hospital to account for that much time. Did they keep her unconscious for a long time or what?

17. sojourner

Rick's stay at Terminus was over night I think. The stay at the church was 2 nights at most. The only really subjective part is how long Daryl was with the claimers.
    Whether it would have worked or not is not the question. The question is why didn't he try?

18. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I don't think it's any more than a week, actually.

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I agree. I don't know much about tanks but if I found myself in one and thought I could use it, I would try.

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

It could also just be a production thing, dictated by location and time. This episode could have been shot at the same time last week's episode was, saving the production season (in terms of time working) money and resources. I could easily see last week's crew finishing with Melissa McBride's scenes for the episode and sending her off to the other set to shoot her one scene for this episode.

I'm not saying that's the only reason The Walking Dead does this, but it's certainly a possibility.

Also: I freely admit I laughed in that final scene when Carol showed up. Oh boy oh boy these people have no idea what's in store for them. :lol: