The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^ where did you find that picture?

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL :guffaw:
    Is from a movie called Pandorum a movie that Norman Reedus starred in, in 2009, this photo isn't from The Walking Dead even though it looks like it could be.

Just thought I'd put a little scare into a few folks. :guffaw:

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Nope, that's straight up lazy writing. Looks kewl to put zombies into costumes and make it look like it swept through the area and caught people unaware. Even though they already showed that it wasn't instantaneous and that there was at least a brief struggle before things went tits up. Enough time to get off the course, at least...

MAYBE if you pretend that the entire fall of civilization only took an hour or two, and they were caught out on the course for a while, THEN you could have people decide to stay rather than go elsewhere. Maybe the majority of the workers left, and it was just the grounds crew, caddies, and golf pros that were out of touch of tv/radio, and didn't have their phones on them?

While not impossible, likely still pretty silly, especially once the military jets and whatnot start turning Atlanta into rubble. And seems like you'd be talking more a couple days for things to really go south at the start, as you're starting with a much smaller number of zombies at the get-go, and even if it takes a little while to reanimate, be a few days between very first cases and deploying the military to destroy a major city. They'd try to understand what was happening, quarantine, etc first. Enough time to finish your round of golf and go home.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

No, it's one I did in writing here last week. Okay here's what I have:

The Afternoon/Evening the Prison Fell:
    1. Rick and Carl escape together and raid a nearby bar for supplies and settle in an unoccupied home for the night.

2. Tyrese and the children escape the prison and make camp for the night. (Lizzie slaughters some bunnies.)

3. Maggie, Bob and Sasha make their way to a nearby lake to make camp but Maggie wants to find Glenn, they find the prison bus (stopped with the occupants killed and turned) they kill the Walkers inside the bus to look for Glenn and do not find him.

4. Daryl and Beth escape and make camp.

5. Michonne puts-down turned Hershel, finds herself two new familiars and sets off, makes camp in an abandoned car.

6. Glenn wakes up on the ruined catwalk, gathers some supplies and sets off to find Maggie. He runs into Tara and the two team-up to escape. They encounter a small group of Walkers on their way out and kill them, Glenn passes out as he's still suffering from the flu. They're rescued by Abraham and his group and are taken towards to Washington D.C. Glenn wakes up from passing out a couple hours later and finds himself in Abraham's truck. He gets them to stop, there's a confrontation and eventually some Walkers attack. The fight critically damages the army truck so the group heads back the way they came using notes Tara took. (There's no indication a night passed in Glenn's storyline. When he wakes up on the truck from passing out he asks Tara if they passed the bus and she said they did a couple hours earlier and they were "all dead." So obviously this was after Maggie, Bob and Sasha had been through there. When Glenn wakes up on the ruined catwalk we still see smoldering fires from the wreckage and Tara slightly catatonic having isolated herself inside a pen. Again, no indications Glenn was unconscious for nearly a full day between him leaving the bus when the prison fell and when we see him wake up on the catwalk.)

7. Carol sees the prison fall, presumably makes camp and eventually loses her car.

The Day After the Fall of the Prison.
    1. Rick spends the day in a coma, Carl tries to find supplies on his own.

2. Tyrese and the girls make their way around the area presumably looking for other survivors or suitable shelter. They encounter some Walkers attacking another group of human survivors, as well as meet-up with Carol. They find the signs "advertising" the "Terminus" sanctuary.

3. Maggie, Bob, Sasha: Unknown, apparently we'll find out next week.

4. Daryl and Beth try to find survivors and come across the trail left earlier by Tyrese and the girls. That evening they come across a herd of Walkers and hide in the trunk of an abandoned vehicle.

5. Michonne, slaughters a small herd of Walkers as well as her familiars and makes her way back to a trail she saw earlier. (Rick and Carl's.) Presumably at some point makes camp.

6. Glenn and Tara: Unknown.

7. Carol: Runs into Tyrese and the girls.

Two Days after the Prison Fell:
    1. Rick spends the day recovering from his injuries. While resting inside the house he nearly has an encounter with another group of scavengers but manages to escape unnoticed. Carl spends the day with Michonne as the two connect more. They escape the house and find directions to "Terminus."

2. Tyrese, Carol and the children: Unknown. Presumably in "Terminus."

3. Maggie, Bob and Sasha: Unknown

4. Daryl and Beth: Beth has an urge to have her first drink as she continues to pretty much be a pest towards Daryl. But the two eventually connect and Daryl helps Beth get her first drink, moonshine. The two managed to connect on some level, Daryl facing some past hardships and demons the two burn the moonshine shack and leave after dark.

5. Michonne, eventually catches with Rick and Carl. Her and Carl scavenge for supplies in the surrounding neighborhood.

6. Glenn and Tara: Unknown.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Heavy handed social commentary from out of touch writers/producers. That was as bad as latter day George Romero, where the soapbox is a hammer, rather than a spark for thought.

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

well...I suppose it's possible that as the clothes they were wearing wore down they had to wear stuff from the pro shop - so they weren't necessarily the clothes they were wearing at the time of the outbreak or even when they got to the clubhouse. Right? Right?!?!?!

7. TREK_GOD_1

That's The Walking Dead--always solid with the realistic details! ;)

8. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Here's the color coded one: http://i.imgur.com/QbPBK7i.jpg

It's pretty helpful to grasp everything. I'm guessing Daryl and Beth are gonna be late to terminus, if they both make it that is. I think Daryl will at least. But maybe the writers aren't actually mapping things out, which I might bet on more. There's likely to be issues with this by the end of the season.

About the early days of the apocalypse or other issues of science, the writers just don't give it that much thought. It's a TV show about magic, not a documentary about science. They probably aren't considering those details much because they don't deal with the thrust of the show. It's probably part of why Rick just wakes up a few weeks in. A realistic take of how it happens could be interesting, but that's just not what Walking Dead is about.

9. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahh.. here is the one I was talking about earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/laWdRlK.jpg?2

10. DarthTom

Speaking of Terminus, I'm wondering if it's a train station that transports people to VA outside of DC? Since they've been trapped in Middle GA for nearly 2 years despite have cars it seems unlikely they would be able to drive to D.C. What about some sort of train?

11. TREK_GOD_1

While Daryl and Beth "hooking up" would not be a problem, it is not going to happen in any case. If Daryl survives, the "will they / won't they" with Carol could be on the horizon, or a triangle with Carol warming up to Tyrese, only to have Daryl show up.

But, then there's the "last man standing" telegraph from last night's episode, which sort of suggests he will be anything but that.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Beth made several comments, especially during they're argument, that would have immediately summoned a zombie to kill her in a modern horror movie.

13. DarthTom

This chart kind of supports my theory that Terminus may be a train station. Firstly they are walking on the rail road tracks to find Terminus. And several of the walkers were railroad men.

14. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see where people who worked there or were members went there thinking it was a good location. Open space to see what is coming, food in the kitchen, etc. And once inside the members still kept treating the others as a lower tier citizen. Only problem is in this situation, who you are doen't matter as much as what you can do. And when it comes to working with their hands for defense of the location, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the staff.

15. DarthTom

But in your golf pants for god-sake? :wtf: As others have said I think the writers didn't think through the location other than it would be a cool new location for Daryl to have a crisis about his past and they could test out some new shock zombie deaths. e.g. the hanging zombies on the noose. I'm also wondering if someone associated with the show had a very negative experience at a country club sometime., perhaps as an employee?

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Considering the place had a store, and considering that a lot of people probably didn't pack luggage while being chased by hordes of flesh-eating monsters, why's it so hard to figure out that they probably got their clothes from the shop after they arrived and shored up their defenses?

Are you going to complain about Beth wearing a golf shirt?

If you're going to get upset at the writer's for not thinking things through, it's probably a good idea to do some of that yourself first.

17. Trekker4747

I honestly didn't think "Beth's" acting was that bad last night she acted perfectly like petulant teenager SHOULD act. Think about this, she's what 17? Maybe 18? She should be sneaking out of her bedroom to hang out with her besties to drink wine coolers and smoke pot. Instead she's running for her life in a day-to-day struggle. And from her perspective she just saw her father get slaughtered by a mad-man just a day or two ago. So, her behavior sort of makes sense here.

I think the actress is doing a good job and her and Norman had pretty good (platonic) chemistry here. I really, really don't think they'll go with a romantic angle between the two. The actress may be old enough to be in a relationship a man Norman's age (in theory. Some would still find a some-20 year age difference icky) I'm not sure selling the idea of a 40-something man hooking up with a teenager (even if she's legal age) would go over well with the network or audiences. It might just be a bit *too* uncomfortable to watch. I think it's best their relationship stays platonic.

Ehhhh... Still not sure I agree with Glenn and Tara being on the second day. There's no indication of that. First of all, everyone's stories began soon after the prison fell. Why would Glenn's story begin a full day later? And Tara was just sulking in that cage for a day? No, I still think Glenn and Tara are on the first day.

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure we can project our mores onto people who've gone through what they've gone through.

19. Trekker4747

No, but people still have to be comfortable watching the show and the network still has to be comfortable with it enough to sell it to advertisers whom themselves have to be comfortable with it.

I think have a 40-something year old man (who's supposed to be a "good guy") shacking up with a teenage girl would push some boundaries it may not need to cross.

*I* have no problem with it as if beth is 18 she's of age. But people would still look at such a coupling with a raised eyebrow. People don't think good things about a 40-year-old man dating an 18-year-old girl.

In modern law yeah Daryl'd be in the clear and in a fallen society he'd be even more in the clear but all of that doesn't mean audiences, network executives and advertisers would be okay with it.

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Well, in a planet with a reduced living population, you need new rules. I don't see anything wrong with them having a relationship--but they are on different wavelengths.