The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

True dat.

2. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

This movie cannot be recommended enough: it's the third of the great zombie comedies, after Shaun but before Zombieland.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Time for Shane to get a good beating by Rick.:techman:

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally got caught up on the last two episodes of TWD.
    Lori is an idiot and only plays up the "emotional woman" who doesn't know what the hell is best cliche...again. I'm about over her. Heading off on your own when for weeks they've discouraged that in any setting? Worried for Rick? Hey, how about stay with your son, help keep little Ms.Catatonic and her sister from freaking out. Maybe repay Herschel a bit for tending to Carl.
    Oh, and how is it in the daylight on a flat stretch of road that a zombie just appears and you don't see it a ways off? Looking down for all of 1-2 seconds? Was it Zombie Flash? That was cliche writing again imo.

Andrea does give Shane good counsel. It's not that you haven't been right, it's your presentation. Shane has some issues, attempted rape and murder, that don't lend well in the long run. However, when it comes to strategy he's been spot on. Even Herschel agreed it would be mercy to "put him down" regarding the idiot Philly teen who jumped off a roof.

Someone tell me how those two Philly hayseeds get the "drop" on our gang in the bar? They mention they drove up. That noise would carry in the stillness. Also, Glenn was hanging back with the shotgun in a position of pseudo-watching the door, for Walkers at that point I'd assume, but where did Glenn go?
    I don't blame Rick at all, it was quite clear they meant harm if need be and would do so eventually. It's what bullies do.

I'm ready to get off the farm. If there are 16 episodes on the farm next season I'm likely to bail. We can't really explore possibilities for a cure, to find out more about the disease or find a pocket of civilization by just being on the farm. Maybe if Shane and Andrea leave that can give us a narrative off the farm if the writers are intent on staying on the farm post season 2.

I'm not going to watch again till the finale. My friend who DVR's them and I are going to wait for the last 3 to build. Curious how the Shane/Rick fight is going to unfold when they release what is sure to be a lame teen with a bad leg.

5. kdalton_69

kdalton_69 Commander Red Shirt

I have started reviewing this show from a preparedness mindset. If you are interested, check out this link.

Long story short, we wondered what would happen now that Sophia's search was over, and now we know. This group is falling apart slowley

6. kdalton_69

kdalton_69 Commander Red Shirt

I hereby predict two things:

Shane does not survive the season.
    The farm will be overrun.

7. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

right. Am I the only one who thinks Lori was manipulating Rick because Shane was right? she's so desparate to have no one find out she was in love with another man she is willing to throw shane under the bus.

8. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think that in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, society would begin using gang-signs and catchphrases more often. You see someone walking down the street, you do a gang-sign to show you're not a zombie and look for them to do some type of sign too. You enter a room, you say your catchphrase to not freak out anyone inside.

9. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last episode was just OK for me. I understand that every episode cannot be just fight the zombie heards but the group's stay in the farm is getting old.

One thing though the series has going for it, is they sure did get some first rate no name actors to play the parts which more often than not makes up for the slower episodes.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Understand the group need to recover and survive, but from the perspective of someone watching the show, I wanna see them wander and explore the wrecked landscape. I wanna see them get some tidbits of what the hell happened, why, and if there's any chance of putting things back together.

this is more realistic, but it's also kinda boring. They did a better job of this in the first 7 episodes, IMO, as we introduced the problem, explored a little, and went to the CDC to try and see what's going on. Since then, lots of playing house on the farm. I wanna see the group get back out there!

Can argue that this is more REALISTIC, but if they wanna go down that road, they'd just turn the farm into a fortified bunker, and we'd get to watch them live there for years. Not very compelling tv, though...

11. DarthTom

You put your finger on what's missing which is a grander perspective on how the world melts down.

People though who follow the comic book series as I understand it would object though to break from that cannon which wasn't included in the comics.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Yeah, but it's already broken from comic canon. Robert Kirkman even said he's doing that intentionally.

Shane is alive, Sophia is dead and Darryl never existed in the comic yet is a break out character on the show.

13. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This episode started off good then just went to shit again when they all returned to the farm:sigh:. It will be such a wasted season if for all of it we haven't strayed away from the farm and with 4 episode left it looks like that is going to happen.

14. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Still outstanding, but they've got to be a bit careful about the gore/soap mix...

15. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

They should just follow the directions on the box. :)

16. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Uhm... weren't they LITERALLY "fighting the zombie herds" in this one? This was probably the least time they spent at the farm since the season premiere.

I'm actually really enjoying the slow pace of the show and the human drama totally works for me. Maybe it's because I know what to expect as someone who's familiar with all the comics, but I really couldn't be much happier with the show.

17. DarthTom

I'm just nitpicking. The Walking Dead is one of the best shows on TV today in my opinion.

I'd wager that like with Trek the fans of this show are very hard to please - all of them that is - because everyone has such high expectations.

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

What would make them leave the farm now, since they never listened to Hershal when he wanted them to go. I guess it will either get over run by a zombies herd or fighting with the other group of survivors will scare them off.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Or seeing as zombies don't talk or anything, they could just wave and say "hi".

20. DarthTom

I'm betting it will start with the latter and finish with the former. Survivors looking for a safe haven will find the farm and either by intent bring the zombies or by accident - the end result they'll over run the farm and everyone will be forced to leave.