The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

[​IMG]

I know this is two days early, but I figured some people might not have read the season two updates thread yet would still like to know a couple of things before the premiere arrives.

The prequel webisode series Torn Apart is online at the AMC website. The series follows "Bicycle Girl" (whom Rick shot as a zombie at the end of the series premiere) after the zombie outbreak has started but prior to the events of the first episode.

In addition, this season AMC will be airing a half-hour talk show called The Talking Dead. Hosted by Chris Hardwick (Nerdist podcast, Web Soup), the show premieres directly after Sunday's episode, then moves to its regular timeslot of Fridays at 11pm EST with its second episode.

A couple reminders:

1. The season premiere will be 90 minutes long, and will be followed by six more episodes over the next six weeks. After that, the season will go on hiatus until it returns with the final six episodes starting February 12.
    2. If you're someone who hasn't watched the six episodes of season one but would like to before the season two premiere (or you just want a refresher) and are a Netflix subscriber, season 1 is available on Netflix Watch Instantly.
    Let's see how well this group of survivors fares this season...

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

WooHoo can't wait until Sunday.

Bicycle Girl, eh? I need to check that out

3. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I like how Rick and Shane are almost facing each other with Rick's family between them. Facing each other with guns.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

We don't get it til next Friday so the wait is a bit longer! I enjoyed the web series though, loved the mouth to mouth bit in ep 3.

5. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I really hope that the thing that Jenner whispered to Grimes isn't forgotten about with the change of staff.

6. PsychoPere

While it's not a surprising statement (how many producers are going to call out their network even if the network's decisions are hurting their show?), writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman, who is also the creator of the original comics, says that there hasn't been a problem with the change in showrunners.
    He expects AMC to decide on a third season tomorrow after looking over tonight's premiere numbers.

Also, TV Line has an interview up with Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori Grimes).

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Damn you, PsychoPere! I wanted to start this thread since I did it last year. Oh well. You did a way better first post then I would have done. :rommie:

Looking forward to season two, even if I am disappointed that the showrunner got fired and the budget got cut. Stupid AMC!

The Walking Dead season one topic for those that want to reread it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  8. PsychoPere

Sorry! :whistle:

I wanted to make sure people who didn't follow the updates thread had time to learn about and watch the prequel webisodes, if they were so interested.

Which, amusingly enough, I still haven't done myself... though I don't plan on watching the premiere until tomorrow, so I still have time.

9. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

I predict bigger ratings that the finale of S1. The word of mouth for this show, bafflingly, is huge.

Regardless of that, given the wild inconsistency of S1 I'm not that interested in this season and will give it a miss when it airs here in the UK later in the week. If reports come out of greater consistency over the season as a whole then I'll rent the inevitable BluRay release.

Enjoy the premiere guys!

Hugo - only enjoyed 1.75 episodes of season 1 (the pilot, half of episode 2 and a smidgen of episode 5) :(

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great "Oh, Shit!" moment.

correction, moments

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Good so far!

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They definitely need to get a few more guns I think. I'd want a pistol at all times and maybe a sawed-off shotgun. And Jamie Lee Curtis could use a better shirt.

13. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I dug this episode.

My only niggle: Southern Baptist churches don't display crucifixes.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh no, first the girl in missing and know Carl is shot.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow that was a great episode and what a cliffhanger!

16. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

I thought it was a weak episode with a ridiculously implausible ending. It could just be nostalgia, but I feel that the first season was tighter than this initial offering. I hope that this season gets better.

edit: I have no idea why this was a 90min episode.

17. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh boy! a whole new season of the most hated show on ther internet!

Can't wait to watch it later tonight.

18. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn what an ending. I expected some kind of shock ending but not quite like that. Seems like maybe Carl will die and Sophia will be found safe in some twist of fate.

19. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really liked the first season and was looking forward to the return and I guess I amped myself up too much because this episode was a *HUGE* let down. It was about 4 to 5 total minutes of zombie goodness with about 60-70 minutes of wandering around the friggin woods like I'm watching some kind of nature show.

20. JWD75

JWD75 Commander Red Shirt

I thought that it was good, but it felt padded. If it had been trimmed down to an hour it would have been much better.