The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The concept that some or all of them are infected with zombie virus that gives them some special advantages goes against the idea that none of them are safe and anyone can die at any time.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

My initial instinct would be that it's simply, that everyone has the Zombie bug already, and no matter how you die, you'll become a Zombie, wether bitten, gun shot, natural causes etc, since that is common in Zombie lore these days.

problem is, by Rick not sharing this, he could put others at risk, for example Lori cuddling Carl as he's dying from the gunshot wound, if he had died in her arms, he could've turned and bit her. Would he withold that information? Is it OK for him to withold that information, since people don't turn immediately upon death in this show's Universe? Or does this rule out this possibility?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Oh they're all infected. But the only advantage it gives is that their corpse will be self motivated.

4. Witterquick

Witterquick Captain Captain

So when you get bitten, it's like a double dose of Zombie bug which eats your brain. Otherwise you're good. Like Rick who is actually a Zombie.

5. sojourner

huh?

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's a good point.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's not necessarily thinking like a zombie. I think this is some wacky medical thing that's yet to be explained, but will clarify a lot about what's been going on.

If it's not related to the virus doing something weird to Rick, then what could the whisper-mystery be?

I don't think that could be the answer, just because it's not actually shocking enough. It sort of makes sense that everyone would become a zombie now if they die, and is it really that big a deal?

If someone were to die from anything other than a zombie bite, you just need to make sure to shoot them thru the head before they revive. People would get used to this pretty quickly, after all, the person is already dead.

And Rick certainly would not withhold the information. It's plausible that it's true, and dangerous enough that everyone needs to know about it.

Whatever it was, it was so shocking and crazy that he doesn't even believe it. He thinks the guy was lying to him because he was sort of malicious, wasn't he? Rick having died and revived, yet not zombified, qualifies as that sort of thing.
    If he doesn't believe it - and it seems pretty unbelievable even in context with everything - then he'd behave exactly as he has. He had to give Carl infusions to save his life, so if that had killed him, well, Carl was going to die anyway.

8. sojourner

^That everyone has the virus.

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

We've seen a lot of dead bodies just lying around for a long time so I'm not sure how everyone could have the virus.

10. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

All the nice Latino lads and nurses who stayed behind in Atlanta to look after the elderly people at that nursing home/hospital are in for a nasty surprise. They'd figure it out pretty quickly, though. Good thing Rick let them have the guns after all. Very prescient of him.

11. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

just five episodes left for this season. good news is that it has been picked up for a third and with an extra 16 episode which would make it the longest season yet for the WD & amc. awesome..

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm just glad AMC has decided not to rip of TWD fans, by splitting the second season into two dvd sets like what SyFy did with BSG. :rommie:

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I've been thinking that ever since we saw them in that nursing home. But, as others have noted, there seems to be exceptions to the 'everyone becomes a zombie' rule so I'm not sure it's going to be a problem.

But speaking of people who might become a zombie, one thing has been bugging me about last week's episode, namely, that Hershel's daughter (the one who isn't Maggie) is attacked by a zombie, later collapses, is burning up with fever and no one seems to be even considering that possibility she got bit? :confused:

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that someone mentioned that she had no scratches.

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Possibly. I didn't hear it if they did. At the same time, however, she was fully clothed and wearing (I think) socks and shoes. You'd think theyd be checking every inch of her for a bite just to be safe, given her symptoms.

16. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good news, unless they waste 10 of those extra 16 episodes dragging out 1 episode's worth of storyline.

17. sojourner

I'm confused. is it getting 16 episodes total for next season or 16 episodes more than it had for this season next season?

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

16 episodes total next season

It originally had 13 episodes

19. sojourner

Ah, so Timmie meant to say 3 extra episodes.

20. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Tonight's episode SPOILERS

Kudos to Rick and co. picking up the dead guys' guns and ammo.

Hershell mans up while Glenn mans down.

Suddenly the town is crawling with walkers...they must lie dormant until guns are fired...how video gamey.

Shane's white lie to Lori made sense, and we all know it.

Daryl being a dick....meh.

They had to set up another ethical crisis, didn't they? Thanks, Rick!

Lori whispering negative things in Rick's ear like some seductive siren...made me laugh.