Spoilers The Tsuranga Conundrum grade and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The Nth Doctor, Nov 3, 2018.

?

How do you rate The Tsuranga Conundrum?

1. Oh, brilliant!

8.3%
  2. 9

6.9%
  3. 8

16.7%
  4. 7

37.5%
  5. 6

15.3%
  6. 5

5.6%
  7. 4

2.8%
  8. 3

2.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Rubbish

4.2%
  1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OMG can you imagine had the role gone to her? How awesome she would have been as The Doctor?

Leviathan and Starkers like this.
  2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would have been pretty awesome. Or just do a season following The Master like some have talked about.

Jason

Leviathan and Starkers like this.
  3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I've just started watching Sabrina and Gomez is just amazing. No one chews scenery quite like her (that's a compliment) and it did strike me that that was the kind of actress they should have gone for as a female Doctor. She would have made a great Doctor, but she did make a great Master and I guess we should just be eternally grateful to her and Moffat for giving us Missy at least.

BritishSeaPower likes this.
  4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

So this episode's AI is now out and it's one of the four lowest the show's had at 79, only Love and Monsters (76) and Sleep no More (78) have scored lower. End of the World ties with it.

Obviously AI isn't everything and I'm sure the BBC have a whole raft of internal metrics they use to determine the success of a show, and as StCoop correctly pointed out, Who is the only show were AI even gets mentioned. Still...

5. Hey Missy

Hey Missy Captain Captain

It figures that the episode I couldn't stand (Arachnids) has everyone raving about it, and the episode I enjoyed (Tsuranga) everyone hates!

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I largely loved both. :p

7. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I have loved them all so far

8. CuriousCaitian

CuriousCaitian Commander Red Shirt

This is the first episode to leave me just a fraction wanting. The Tardis Team continue to sparkle - though, again, Yas felt a little short-changed - and the guests were engaging enough - Yoss being the best, for me - and the gremlin-like pting a nice blend of cute and chaotic, and yet...

More loose ends left dangling. Yes, it could be building to something, but I struggle to see how all these elements could be tied together in a satisfying way. Random thought: Chibnall's leaving them open-ended so he has options for how to progress, possibly guided by how people react.

And the music. I really am yearning for more than just atmospherics; the flashes of richer, thematic stuff in Rosa were tantalising. Also, I do want there to be less music - it didn't seem to let up at all in this episode, and a little breather now and then is a good idea!

If all I'm finding are minor, subjective niggles, mind, I think this show's in good fettle overall. :-)

9. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If I'm honest, I dislike it when the Doctor is manic. The writing is too frantic most of the time, trying to put too much into 45 minutes. Eccleston, Smith, and Whittaker are the better doctors to date because they seem more able to reign in the craziness.

I agree, I was so gutted not to see more Jacobi. Simm raising the level of manic to one-up Tennant's level of mania. Gomez' turn as Missy was beyond amazing. Her delivery is mesmerising.

Capaldi suffered from truly dreadful stories during his first season but I loved Bill and I wouldn't have minded seeing more of her. I think they let Clara hang on one season too long and perhaps they were wary of repeating that mistake. If they wanted something bad to happen to Clara, they could have just brought her back to guest in an episode.

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Firstly, the spiders are gone? Good, I'm back.

That said, I loved it. A 67th century medical ship, an adorably caustic alien creature literally eating everyone out of house and home? Good lessons all around about responsibility, loyalty, and love? All winners. This was a fun one. :)

11. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What I want to know is, am I the only one who keeps misreading the title as The Tsuranga Consortium?

12. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

This was a distinctly middle of the road one for me, another fairly generic alien menace to defeat, running, sonicing, running, computer voices announcing emergencies, running.
    Not bad, particularly, but not exactly inspired either. A score of 6 seems fair.