News The Summer of Mark Hamill's Discontent

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Doc Mugatu, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know I suspected it, but you just confirmed it.

2. Infern0

The movie wasn't good, most unbiased reviewers who don't have a "woke" agenda said as much, it is what it is.

not everything is a conspiracy it just wasn't a good movie.

You may argue it was good for diversity or feminism but as a MOVIE it just wasn't good

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The Last Jedi's fate in the like/dislike scale of time will ultimately be determined by The Rise of Skywalker and how the trilogy works as a whole. Right now its at the 1982 period of The Empire Strikes Back in terms of how people see it. After Return of the Jedi came out, than the opinions on Empire shifted once the payoff and other things were resolved. But being the second act of a three part play is the hardest thing to be when you don't have the third act yet.

Kor likes this.
  5. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I have mentioned it multiple times before. I find the fact that you even care bizarre and obsessive. Yeah, I liked a movie that you don't, whoopie-fucking-doo.

Grow up.

KennyB likes this.
  6. Infern0

Because every post I ever see of yours is meme worthy

Tbh

7. ichab

ichab Commodore Commodore

By who ? Star Trek fans? Battlestar Galactica fans? Why didnt they do the same to TFA or Rogue One, which scored very high with audiences? Show your evidence.

Says who? Metacritic had a similiar reaction. Most critics loved it while most audiences didn't. And if you try to say that metacritic doesn't matter either then I have to ask what in your world does matter when it comes to judging an audience perception of a movie

8. Infern0

If one of "those" movies gets poor scores it's cos of sabotage by "trolls" ......errtime

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't recall TESB being viewed in a negative light prior to ROTJ, only to be reevaluated after ROTJ came out. I've never heard of such a thing. Then again, I was a kid at the time, so I guess I had little to no concept of what was going on in the realm of adult film criticism ( professional or otherwise ).

I want to say TESB was generally received more positively and was not particularly divisive.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  10. Awesome Possum

It's great how we have so many free"thinkers" who base their opinions on YouTube videos that just tell them exactly what they want to hear and that everyone who tells them different is just lying for social points. It's what everyone in any cult convinces themselves and most are too far gone to even realize utterly brainwashed they are, a bunch of individuals telling it exactly how it is, according to a video they saw, and all parroting the exact same talking points over and over again. Nothing new, nothing ever original ever because they don't have any original ideas or thoughts on their own because the videos never give them one. It's pathetic and these poor deluded fools try to act like internet badasses as if that means anything other than other losers.

Campe and fireproof78 like this.
  11. Infern0

Even TFA was generally very well recieved and that was only 2 years prior

As if the dark tone would be a reason for people not to like the movie, the dark night etc have disproved that many times.

TLJ made Luke a joke, had too many cheesy lines in it and the plot was full of holes, and Canto bight...eugh

There were some good things about it I actually liked the darker tone, holdo doing the kamikaze was incredibly cool but they ruined it with cringe and things not making sense and yet again making an OG a loser and then killing them off.

Our likeable characters in Finn, poe and Rose (I like her just not that one line) all look like goofballs.

I could go on but to me TLJ was a dissapointing mixed bag

12. Awesome Possum

Actually opinions at the time were very mixed. Here are some fan reactions from Starlog magazine.

CorporalCaptain and fireproof78 like this.
  13. Set Harth

Simultaneity is impossible?

Uh, no, that's complete bullshit, Gerrold. And the scale is irrelevant. Sorry.

There are several problems with it.

1) It should have been Ackbar or 3PO, someone the audience had reason to care about, not someone we basically just met. In fact, it definitely should have been a droid. Why needlessly sacrifice a living being, when we're supposed to believe the Resistance is so short-handed to begin with? And an alleged military leader at that? It doesn't make any sense.

2) If this kind of maneuver is a thing, why have we never seen it before in the series? Why wasn't it used in other situations where it would have been applicable?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  14. Ithekro

Well that was a long time ago.

15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Small sampling for fun
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-how-fans-reacted-to-the-empire-strikes-back-in-19-1821551259

ETA: Whoops, missed @Awesome Possum posting same thing.

16. Set Harth

It's almost as if when you go from TESB to TLJ the critics' position and the common people's position switch places.

fireproof78 likes this.
  17. Infern0

So anyone who doesn't like a movie that has feminist and diversity undertones for ANY reason is a "poor deluded fool"

I like star trek discovery which is apparently one of those shows, and others too, because they are GOOD

I don't like ghostbusters or TLJ and do you know why? Because they suck

What's sad is the SJW defence force who proclaim any movie or show with these themes as flawless, if you dont like them you are a stupid trump supporter and all negative comments are from trolls, when in the case of the two i pointed out, actually they are just plain not good movies

USS Firefly likes this.
  18. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm with you on this. TLJ is a terrible movie, and I say this as someone who loves Laura Dern, Oscar Isaacs and animals being freed from servitude.

When you have to resort to calling someone a 'deluded fool' because they don't like the same movie as you, the argument is already lost.

ichab likes this.
  19. Awesome Possum

Have you taken your redpill today?
    :guffaw:

This is why I can't take you seriously. Ooh diversity scary.:guffaw:

Your world is small and weak, that's why you're so afraid of anything different. It's sad, really sad.

20. Ithekro

Well. We have about eight more months before we see what JJ brings with TRoS and if that effects how people view TLJ at all. It wouldn't be the first, nor last, time another movie coming out shifted the opinions of the previous movie. For Good or Bad.