The perfect casting of Lorca, Pike and Book

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by TheMadCloner, Oct 16, 2020.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I miss Lorca. The show hasn’t been the same since he left

saddestmoon and BillJ like this.
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Season three is off to a solid start.

TheMadCloner and Lord Garth like this.
  3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

One of the many strengths of the show in all aspects of production. Ajala is very clearly a Shakespearean actor.

RAMA

TheMadCloner and Lord Garth like this.
  4. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

The character was boring. The one guy who was trying to keep the federation going was the only interesting character and we got only a few minutes with him. The story itself is too much like andromeda. Person from the past goes 1000 years in the future and find that their whole government is gone and tries to bring it back. Also I see holography tech looks exactly the same. I guess stuff stopped advancing after the 24th century.

Rainard Fox likes this.
  5. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I guess that's something. He's a recurring character this season.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, how dare technology not change after a cataclysmic event? Those people are so insensitive to the needs of us to have an ever expansive technology to bitch about.

Also, Star Trek is not know for its original storylines so if it's "Too much like Andromeda" comes as no surprise since no story is ever going to be fully original.

7. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

The cataclysmic even happened 600 or so years after Picard. So I would think even 100 to 200 years after Picard we get much more advanced tech. The reason is the writers couldn’t think of anything better then holography interfaces. Pretty sad really. Also since when does every ship from every federation planet use dilithium and only dilithium? Cochran’s didn’t have any dilithium for his first warp ship. They couldn’t find a substitute in the 34th century? Hard to believe.

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it perfectly believable. Dilithium has proved to be the standard for their engines from the word "Go." So, yes, completely believable to me.

Sorry, I don't see the issue. Tech can only advance so far, and there are clearly large set backs with several wars, conflicts and cataclysms. So, no, I don't expect more advanced tech. Mileage will vary.

Again, this all sounds like issues for the sake of issues. Instead of enjoying the show we're looking to complain. Instead of finding rationales for limits we accuse the writers of failure. Instead of being positive, it's all negative.

No, thank you. I'll take Discovery (and all Trek) as it comes.

TheMadCloner likes this.
  9. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree the casting is perfect across the board. I can't even say any one person is a standout, because they are ALL standouts to me.. If I had to pick three, though, it would be Anson Mount's Pike, Jason Isaac's Lorca and Mary Wiseman's Tilly (especially Tilly in Mirror Universe disguise :evil: )

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Casting has been top-notch for Discovery and Picard. No complaints.

Nyotarules and saddestmoon like this.
  11. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh wow, that's cool! You've actually already seen all episodes for this season? You lucky b*****d!!!

Or, atleast, I asume you did. Right? I mean, how else could you know if a character we've only seen in one episode is terrible. So yeah, awesome for you buddy. I wish we all had been so lucky as you.

12. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The casting for DIscovery has been wonderful. I can't think of a single character that I don't like. I'm glad that Pike is going to get a spinoff series, he's become my favorite captain on any of the shows.

Rainard Fox and saddestmoon like this.
  13. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

yeah, let us know in 2024