Spoilers The Marvels grade and discussion

How do you rate The Marvels?

• Total voters
The film will be out digitally on January 16 and on physical media on February 13. No word on Disney+ release (just checked its page and there's no indication), but I imagine it'll be around the same time as the digital release. Hopefully that means the Assembled episode will also be out soon.

io9 also included a list of the physical media special features:

FEATURETTES
  • Entangled - Take a cosmic trip behind the scenes on The Marvels with the cast and crew of the film. Learn how director Nia DaCosta and the team took on such a vast production, and dive deeper with more details about Marvel’s first ever musical number.
  • The Production Diaries – Experience the lively, upbeat set of The Marvels as cast and crew recall candid and heartwarming moments, along with hilarious anecdotes.
DELETED SCENES
  • Captain-in-Residence – Kamala finds herself in Carol’s ship after an unexpected switch and incredulously picks up a call from Valkyrie.
  • It’s Under Control – Carol, Kamala, and Monica find themselves brainstorming for solutions on Aladna.
  • Space Yoga – Muneeba teaches yoga while an exasperated Nick Fury looks on.
  • The Chase – Chaos ensues as Ty-Rone chases Kamala in a tension-filled scene.
As always, I wish these features, particularly the deleted scenes, were also available on Disney+. And depending on how that scene plays out, I imagine I'll wish that Valkyrie scene was left in the film.

The film will be out digitally on January 16 and on physical media on February 13. No word on Disney+ release (just checked its page and there's no indication), but I imagine it'll be around the same time as the digital release. Hopefully that means the Assembled episode will also be out soon.

io9 also included a list of the physical media special features:

FEATURETTES
  • Entangled - Take a cosmic trip behind the scenes on The Marvels with the cast and crew of the film. Learn how director Nia DaCosta and the team took on such a vast production, and dive deeper with more details about Marvel’s first ever musical number.
  • The Production Diaries – Experience the lively, upbeat set of The Marvels as cast and crew recall candid and heartwarming moments, along with hilarious anecdotes.
DELETED SCENES
  • Captain-in-Residence – Kamala finds herself in Carol’s ship after an unexpected switch and incredulously picks up a call from Valkyrie.
  • It’s Under Control – Carol, Kamala, and Monica find themselves brainstorming for solutions on Aladna.
  • Space Yoga – Muneeba teaches yoga while an exasperated Nick Fury looks on.
  • The Chase – Chaos ensues as Ty-Rone chases Kamala in a tension-filled scene.
As always, I wish these features, particularly the deleted scenes, were also available on Disney+. And depending on how that scene plays out, I imagine I'll wish that Valkyrie scene was left in the film.
The behind the scene stuff from the physical release might be on Disney+ too, most of the Marvel movies on there have some featurettes and deleted scenes under extras. I've never looked at the physical releases, but I'm assuming they're the same ones.

The behind the scene stuff from the physical release might be on Disney+ too, most of the Marvel movies on there have some featurettes and deleted scenes under extras. I've never looked at the physical releases, but I'm assuming they're the same ones.
Audio Commentaries for the newer movies are there as well, as separate videos under extra tab

Well, I quite enjoyed that. At least 50% of the fun was due to Kamala. :)

Isn’t she the cutest? I loved her enthusiasm. The MCU can list toward jaded ennui a bit too often for my taste. That’s a danger inherent in the quippy “Well, that happened” kind of meta humor that became de rigueur for a while. It’s refreshing to have a character who is so excited to be there and to meet everyone. It reignites some of my sense of wonder too.

Just saw this on Disney+. It was fun and funny in parts. Nothing special at all, but fun. My sister hated it passionately, though. My opinion may have been affected by drinking a lot of cider this afternoon, too.

I guess the ending is setting up Deadpool and Wolverine?

Well that was certainly a fun movie. I really enjoyed it. And yes, largely due to Kamala. One question though, and I don't think this is a spoiler, but what happened to the other bangle?

Back