Spoilers The Mandalorian | Disney+ | Streaming Nov. 12

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by think, Oct 22, 2019.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's never too early, though its obvious the answer is "No," since odds are good that the Mandalorian has a penis.

Turtletrekker and Campe like this.
  2. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

This looks so good. I really hope it can deliver. I think I'm far more hyped for this than Rise of Skywalker.

Interesting tidbit from the new trailer: a Clone Wars flashback? (Just after the 'Streaming November 12th', about 1:04 or so) There is a child, and then what looks like a whole family in red robes. Being pursued by Super Battle Droids. And one of the big flying disk droid gunships overhead in another shot. The Mandalorian's backstory, perhaps?

3. fireproof78

It seems that part of the story is that his place was attacked during the Clone Wars.

Really like the Mandalorian's gun and its melee application.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

That was my original assumption.

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah? Good. :beer:

Compared to the The Rise of Skywalker final trailer, plotwise, there's a bit more of a sense of narrative here? I found the IX final trailer swelling with crisp visuals but with no indication of WTF will happen in the story.

Seems he's hunting bounties on a few different planets, and said bounties have been downtrodden? Other Mando factions are fighting him (the Mando fighter) and someone has a CIS gunship? There's some Clone Wars era love coming our way in the form of transportation.

Disney missed an opportunity here to include this in their marketing, somewhere. A miniseries about a penis-having bounty hunter would certainly turn heads.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Boba isn't a Mandalorian, he just wears the armour, so it's not going to be him.
    Plus this guy doesn't have a New Zealander accent.

Also Boba is dead.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^And I doubt they'd make such a big deal about casting Padro Pascal if he was just going to be replaced by Temuera Morrison once they revealed his identity.

fireproof78 likes this.
  8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

With a name like Pedro Pascal, I'm not getting the impression this guy is of the Caucasian persuasion, if you get what I mean. Clearly The Mandalorian is a blatant political agenda by the bleeding heart SJW liberals who want nothing more than to keep the white man down.

Remember when Star Wars was dominated by the white man? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    #whatissocietycomingto?
    ;)

Campe and Professor Zoom like this.
  9. fireproof78

No one is ever truly gone ;)
    You forgot #thinkofthechildren

Professor Zoom and The Wormhole like this.
  10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that scene with the Seppy gunship and the super battledroids is a CW flashback. Not that it's impossible for either to show up in the OT era, but with Filloni and Favreau running this show the former seems more likely.
    Not sure if the age of Pascal lines up so well though; he's in his mid-40's, the war would have ended 28 years ago from when the show is set, which would have made him in his early to mid teens rather than a child at the time of AotC. I guess they can fudge it half a decade without too much trouble. ;)
    Agreed on all but that last point. I think he made it out. ;)

kitik likes this.
  11. fireproof78

Or, reckless speculation time, he's watching what happens to the rest of his family.

Reverend likes this.
  12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Believe it or not, I was thinking that while writing the post, but yeah, you're right, I did forget to include it.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just realized that quite a few of the Mandalorians or people using their armor, have been not been white.
    The Fets were played by Maori actors, Sabine is not white and was voiced by an actress of Indian (as in India) descent, and now Padro Pascal is Chilean.

Tuskin38 and The Wormhole like this.
  14. Tuskin38

IIRC all the Mandalorians (by that I mean the people from the planet, not just the armour wearing ones) in Clone Wars were white, but according to the people working on the show that was an accident, not intentional.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Except Ezra. He's truly gone.

facepalm

16. fireproof78

No...one

:D

Campe likes this.
  17. Tuskin38

I doubt it.

18. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

19. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Umm, yeah he is. By blood he is. He didn't have the chance to apply for citizenship. Thanks 'the Empire'....

I can't answer confidently either way.

Jesus... stop watching the special editions!

His fan base disagrees. It's not like he fell down a death star shaft and got blown up or anything.

20. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's still white, he's just also Hispanic, they are not mutually exclusive.