The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

I didn't even know about this until last Friday, when my wife got Disney and Hulu together. (There was a deal that had Hulu for 2 bucks and Disney ad free for about the same. Otherwise, I never would have gotten Disney.) I happened to see this on the front screen, and we both watched during dinner.

It was a lot of fun, and had a lot of heart. It had some corny moments, but it's a holiday special. A holiday special without corny moments is NOT a holiday special.

We laughed a lot. We smiled a lot. We had our heartstrings tugged a little bit. We had a lot of fun watching it. You can't ask for anything more from a holiday special.

I have spoken.

Damn it Disney, I don't want to Skip Credits. Of the people I recognize (besides the obvious) is 90s action guy Daniel Bernhardt as the Gobot, Flula Borg (Javelin from Suicide Squad) as Bartender, Rachel Luttrell (Teyla from Stargate Atlantis) as upside down cop and Maria Bakalova (Borat's daughter) as Cosmo.

Credits-wise, I alway look for the part where they credit all the old-time Marvel Comics writers and artists whose work inspired this or that portion of the story. When streaming, I hit pause so I can read and react to them:

"Roy Thomas! Steve Englehart! Gene Colan! Yay!"

Back