The Good In Every Episode...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Farscape One, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's try huh? (I may not be able to change your mind but I'll give it a go) The good is she made it right and got home. I'd rather her feel at home with Janeway and co but it's better than just dead evil Kes.

2. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't even bother.

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

For me it's all the same. The character is ruined and destroyed and will be ruined and destroyed in everybody's mind. :weep:

Thanks for that Big Boss Berman! :censored:

Not even the books can make it right because all the authors are so bound to the events in that s**t episode and so brain-washed that they can't even think of coming up with something which will correct the errors and bring Kes back to Voyager.

4. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Hey Lynx , if it makes you feel any better the bolded type does not apply to my mind.

5. Sophie74656

It's only an error to YOU

6. Lynx

And I'm just a worthless scumbag whose opinion doesn't count?

7. Lynx

Well, I guess that I messed up my comment a bit.

What I meant is that's how Kes will be remembered by most of the Star Trek fans, as a crazy witch.

And every time I will try to contradict that by coming up with some plausible theory about the witch not being the real Kes, then some not so nice person will slap me in the face with some comment about some ***ing "canon". Berman's "canon"!

That is what's p***ing me off!

8. Sophie74656

Chill. You're the one calling people brainwashed because they're not writing exactly what you want to read.

9. Sophie74656

You seem to be taking this fiction personally

10. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Ah, I see... well I don't believe that all ST fans will remember Kes that way. I think most of us prefer to think of her as she was in seasons 1-3. :)
    Try to stay positive, Lynx my man!

Tracy Trek and Lynx like this.
  11. Lynx

No, I do that because they are narrow-minded and can't or won't think "outside the box".

12. Lynx

Thanks! :techman:

13. Sophie74656

Well for one, since you haven't read the books how do you know? And for another the only reason you're being negative about people whose writing was good enough to be published by a major publishing company and enjoyed by countlesss people is because they didnt bring back Kes the way you wanted.

14. Sophie74656

I'll remember kes as someone who had a large arc of growth and change over the show. She started out as no more than a child and ended up an older, wiser woman. She may have stumbled along the way, but in the end she was happy, made peace with herself and her Voyager family and even went off to help her own people with her new abilities.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    cosmic mouse likes this.
  15. Lynx

I will only remember her as a character I really liked that was totally destroyed in a worthless episode in a show I liked.

16. Sophie74656

If that is how you choose to remember it that's up to you. It's only a tv show after all.

17. Brennyren

Brennyren Commodore Commodore

I thought "Friendship One" was depressing as hell, and the "moral" was just bizarre for a series about exploration. But the baby's survival was a high point, and I liked the mutual empathy between the mother and Tom, then an expectant father.

"Repression" didn't make much sense, but I thought Keith Szarabajka as Teero was a great guest star. He brought such intensity to his part.

Tracy Trek and Sophie74656 like this.
  18. Lynx

And yes, we still have the excellent story "Coming Home".
    The best Voyager episode never made! :techman:

19. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I think about Kes, the events of 'Fury' rarely come up in my head. I think that I subconsciously choose to consider that episode as a 'didn't actually happen', much like some fans do with Threshold. But it's not like I avoid watching the episode when it should come up.

Sophie74656 likes this.
  20. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

"Flashback" had Sulu and Excelsior cast back, with some technical trickery that was admittedly pretty cool.

"Threshold" tried something other than "the expected" in terms of breaching a big impossible barrier. Instead of the universe disintegrating with Q then putting it back together and admonishing Kathy and Tommy, only their DNA gets altered and they become giant versions of what I bought at a pet store for $20 two decades ago, much to the horror of the landlord. Not to mention, the episode has a few gems of dialogue, such as this exchange:
    Well, I had a giggle anyway...
    "Fury" started out rather decently, with Kes back and blowing up the ship with her brains. The raw emotion could be felt. The episode eventually goes south, but it started out rather great.

Brennyren and Sophie74656 like this.