Spoilers The Flash - Season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Christopher, Oct 9, 2019.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope. It's actually very clear. Barry proposes the slowing down time stunt. Clark says, "You both die. When I opened the Book, I watched both of you die, doing exactly what you're talking about." Then there's an insert image of Barry and Kara burning up and disintegrating while attempting the speed maneuver. Oliver leaves and goes straight to the Monitor, says, "I know what happens to Barry and Kara," and makes the deal to prevent it.

I think the knowledge that Kara and Barry die in the original comics Crisis (which is what probably inspired this bit in "Elseworlds") is distorting people's understanding of the plain text of the episode.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm hoping they announce an end to The Flash soon. If it needs to go another season or 2 seasons fine, but with Arrow ending and I don't watch the other shows, that only leaves Flash and I would like to finish it. The thing is though going into the premiere I really wasn't looking forward to it, and I watched it almost out of obligation. It was enjoyable to the point where I'm glad I did watch it, but I think it's time to end the series soon.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

The only show that I want to continue forever is Legends. It consistently surprises me and strives to do stuff out of the box, whereas all of the other shows are just content with being in the box.

Jayson1 and CorporalClegg like this.
  4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Legends is the best of these shows by a mile. It knows how to laugh at itself and relish in the absurdity of it all.

Jayson1 and Professor Zoom like this.
  5. Professor Zoom

This. The fact that Beebo pays off in a spectacular imaginative way... Brilliant. It's like the Silver Age on Speed.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I still enjoy Flash and Arrow a lot more than you guys seem to, I do have to agree on Legends, it's definitely the best of the bunch.
    Right now my ranking would be, Legends, Supergirl/Flash, Black Lightning, Arrow. I don't really feel comfortable including Batwoman after just the pilot but based on that it would probably go between BL and Arrow. I count all 5 shows as some of my favorites, so it's just a matter of how how much I like them.
    EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention before that as a huge fan of the Flash Gordon movie, I LOVED them playing the theme song as Barry ran into the black hole. That was probably one of my all time favorite Arrowverse moments.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope Flash outlives all the shows. Even with how much I could not stand to watch Season 4, I still generally really enjoy the show. It can be funny, but it takes itself and its stories fairly seriously, which is better then Legends, which is the "Scary Movie" or "Airplane" of superhero tv shows, which sucks. I mean, It has grown on me a bit (I decided to finish season 3 and am partly through season 4, and there is good stuff there between all the cringe), but it will never be as good as it was in Season 1, when it took itself at least partially seriously and the characters weren't parodies of themselves.

As for the other shows, Batwoman had a good premiere and I am excited to see more, and I'll be watching Arrow because its the last season. Supergirl has a few great characters (Supergirl herself and Jonn), but its writing has always been extremely variable, and its tone and message can sometimes sabotage itself. Still, I am watching it (after the traditional skipping of Season 4 that I have to do with most Arrowverse show). I dropped Black Lightning quickly in Season 1when it became apparent where it was going (BL gets screwed out of his job being the most annoying of the really obvious plot lines), and I won't be picking it back up, even though I liked BL himself as a character.

8. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For me, even the commercials for Batwoman come off obnoxious. The character, unlike others, means nothing to me, so I see no reason to watch this show, despite my being a completeist. She is not a likeable character to me. Why bother watching if it doesn't entertain me at all?

Supergirl shows glimpses of greatness when they stay away from politics and focus on Superman lore. The show could have been so much better, but it's still watchable most of the time.

To move forward, I think the Arrowverse needs to get back to basics, and for me, no better example of doing just that exists better than The Flash's premiere.

9. Professor Zoom

You found the commercials for Batwoman obnoxious? Color me surprised.

lol.

10. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You shouldn't be. The show comes off as a pandering, misandrist, SJW commercial. No interest. Of course, this is a Flash thread, which is why I'm staying out of the Batwoke thread. The only episode I plan on watching is the crossover.

The Flash comes off the exact opposite. He's a hero being a hero. I hope that doesn't change.

11. Professor Zoom

Oh... I'm sorry, I forgot to use the sarcasm tags around my post.
    I'm fully not surprised you thought the Batwoman commercials were obnoxious.

And it's not pandering, misandrist or an SJW commercial. But, it's good that you [sarcasm] you gave it a chance to see if you were right before deciding it wasn't for you [/sarcasm]

Turtletrekker and Ovation like this.
  12. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

"Misandrist" may be the whiniest, weeniest, most pathetic complaint it's possible to make about anything.

Won't someone think of the MEN? :wah:

13. Ovation

Ovation Vice Admiral Admiral

It really, really doesn’t.

Turtletrekker and Professor Zoom like this.
  14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

So now a gay woman actor playing a character that is a gay woman in the source material is the 'pandering SJW' benchmark?

Man, those goalposts just keep on movin', don't they?

DEWLine, kirk55555 and Turtletrekker like this.
  15. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the adds were kind of pandering or cheesy but the pilot was good. If anything it needs more snark. We were promised edgelordness. Would it have killed them to give us one, Fuck Batman! Jason

16. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

It's basic cable, so, yeah, an F-bomb would have probably killed the whole thing.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Broadcast, really, although I suppose that distinction has become largely irrelevant these days.

18. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

Also consider I'm European. I'm lucky I even know the term "basic cable".

19. Professor Zoom

I think dropping a F bomb would be off brand for the CW.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk MSGT USAF 1947-1972 Premium Member

We have Titans for that. ;)