Spoilers The Flash - Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's not how time travel works (here).

Current day Nora's memories will change to reflect changes she makes to the timeline as she makes those changes, even if basic causality doesn't make a lick of sense, like how Savatar temporarily turned into a cabbage, when present day Barry was temporarily turned into a cabbage.

Although, the "more" you time travel the more you become resistant to time editing your memories, even if it does take a few years of constant time dickery to build up that immunity to causality, like the Legends finally have.

2. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every time I see Chris Klein on screen, I think of him singing "Do You Believe in Magic," followed by "scooby dooby doo" from American Pie. No matter what he does, that's all I see.

What's really amazing is that Barry let Nora even spend time with the family. He of all people knows the dangers of time travel.

I can't believe they never addressed how Nora endangered her own conception.

I think it could be brilliant writing if the following happens.

We really like Nora.

This episode gave her the lesson of how sometimes you need to sacrifice yourself for others, even knowing what it could do to your family.

So let's deal with consequences.

Nora's time in the past, while creating a great relationship with her family, causes Barry and Iris to not conceive her. We learn this maybe in a special episode where Nora returns to the future and finds out that while Iris of course knows her, she was actually never born--maybe meeting some siblings she never had (twins perhaps?)

She is now a time remnant, no different than Thawne.

Knowing this--she goes to the past, but this time the year 2024.

She takes Barry's place in whatever the Crisis was.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

The thing I always wondered about the night Barry's mother was killed. Where did the adult Barry go after removing younger Barry from the house? We later saw Thawne zoom out of the house after killing Nora in a flashback episode late in the first season, with no sign that he did something to the adult Flash.

4. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quick Review:

Good
    - Nora and Barry. I especially liked Barry's line about being the Flash to save his family, not in spite of his family.
    - Nice season 1 style speedster action.
    - Backstory on Cicada. The flashbacks help us see Cicada's perspective and help us empathize him even if we don't agree with his actions.
    - I did love Cisco line about "allowing" the name Weather Witch. Good use of humor.

Bad
    - Sherloque. He is getting annoying and what was the point of having him be such a debbie downer on Thanksgiving. If it was an attempt at humor, it fell flat IMO.

5. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed about Sherloque--the bastardization of Thanksgiving was personified by Sherloque, Cisco and Caitlin. Fortunately, Killer Frost was the voice of reason.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree with pretty much all of this, especially Sherloque. Right now he's my least favorite Wells' character and I miss Harry. Heck, I even miss Harrison from the first season before we found out he was Reverse Flash.

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Please tell me you're joking.

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

What, we’re not allowed to root for the baddie?

9. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

We should always be rooting for the baddie.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

So this Joss person literally rides the lightning?

Speaking of Joss, Willow did it better. Sorry, Cisco.

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ralph was missing the entire last episode.

12. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Theoretically he could have been erased from existence, since most of his personal history changed. But he should have become a time remnant.

He was visiting his mom for Thanksgiving. Not joking, one of the actors tweeted that when asked.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  13. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah it was fun Joe & Cecile got a line about them being away but not Ralph. He particularly would've come in handy instead of using that hologram

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I was expecting the fake Weather Wizard to be Ralph. I bet they wrote it that way but had to change it when Sawyer turned out to be unavailable that week, or something.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Joe and Cecille's visit to her mom will last several episodes to cover Jesse L. Martin's recovery from his back injury.

16. CorporalClegg

Next week is the 100th, right? I'd be surprised if he doesn't appear.

Then the Xover and then the break (I think.), which will hopefully give him time to heal up. But if he's not 100%, I'd rather they keep him out for as long as possible.

JLM is a national treasure.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Martin's already skipped the last 2-3 episodes; Joe has just been conveniently out of the house whenever anyone came to visit. Besides, they seem to be using Cecille to fill in for Joe's role in the storyline.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn’t even notice Ralph wasn’t in it. Shows you how important he is. :)

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There were several older Barries.

We saw at least one of them fade out when he suggests with a glance that younger adult Barry not save his mother.

Half a season later, a slightly older Barry goes back and saves Nora anyways.

20. CorporalClegg

You father smelt of elder Barries.

Velocity, Nerys Myk and jbny67 like this.