The Final Official Countdown to Season Seven

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by admiralelectron, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ :lol: Go to bed. :lol:

2. Kevin Fajo

Kevin Fajo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bed? Like in What You Leave Behind when we open to find Bashir and Ezri laying together. Big surprise! No not really.

Thanks for keeping on topic. We can do another 140 days! I feel it! :)

:::snore:::

3. kevsthaman

kevsthaman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Man, I've GOT to have you in the next lounge :p

Seriously, we're gonna keep the community thread thing going. Y'all look for it to come probably tomorrow or the next day. May the lounging of Niners never die! :cool: ;)

4. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did?

You sure?

I'm not even a 9er.

5. PKTrekGirl

^ Well, no point in going back and looking.

Cus if it wasn't true when he said it, it certainly is now. ;) :lol:

6. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

I'm just happy to make it to the bottom of the list of contributors. I have strong arms to hold up all the dead weight ;) :p

7. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

C'mon, there's only 35 posts left. Surely we can crack 1000 before we close it? I'd hate to see this lovely thing die before its time.

I'm almost finished watching Babylon 5 Season 3. I don't get the people who say Bruce Boxleitner can't act. I think he does a fine job. He's no Patrick Stewart, but then who is?

And Marcus Cole! *drools all over her keyboard*

I really love these characters - especially Vir and Lennier. *sigh*

8. Computer Voice

Computer Voice Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh my God, I haven't posted in this thread! :eek:

EDIT: I have now. :p

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, Babylon 5 is a fine show. I'm just finishing up season 4 right now, I just watched Endgame, man that's an awesome episode. :D And yeah, I agree that Bruce is a pretty good actor. He's not awesome, but still very very decent.

10. Kevin Fajo

I just started Babylon 5 this past week (I have a thread in the SciFi board asking some beginner's questions). I give all science fiction series a chance and I didn't know anything about this show so I hope it lives up to everyone's love!

:) The acting so far is not my favorite in the realm but I assume first season episodes always take some getting used to. I will hang in there.

11. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

I just got the second disc of Season 1 of Babylon 5 today. I'm going to have a hard time trying to fit it into my schedule though.... :borg:

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

The show gets very interesting towards the end of season 1, season 2 is then great, while 3 and 4 are absolutely amazing. The opinions on S5 are sort of mixed, some people still like it a lot, some people can't stand it. IMO, it's still decent, most eps are on level with S1, while the show finale definately kicks ass. :D

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

YES YES YES.

I finally got my DS9 rebate today. I'm so happy right now. :D

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Cool, hopefully I'll get mine soon. :)

15. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Oh boy, I've just been watching some of "The Animatrix", a bunch of short films about The Matrix. Has anyone else watched it? It's pretty good. :eek: :D

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I own the Animatrix. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I enjoyed most of the shorts. And well, Flight of the Osiris was just amazing. :D

17. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I enjoyed most of them too. My favourite was the "Second Renaissance" ones. :)

18. PKTrekGirl

Actually, I love Bruce Boxleitner myself. In fact, I think he's (*gasp*) better than Patrick Stewart. There are times...especially during seasons 3 and 4 of B5, where he does some fantastic work (Intersections in Real Time, anyone??). And he is just so doggone CUTE too!

:D

And don't get me started on Marcus Cole. :p WHOA BABY!!! :eek:

Interesting that your favorite characters are Vir and Lennier though... I mean, I like them okay (well, until what they do to Lennier's character in season 5, anyway! :( ) but I think my favorites are Londo (IMO, the best character in all of scifi - PERIOD), G'Kar, Delenn, and Sheridan.

And Kevin...don't give up on B5. Some of the acting during season 1 is a bit wooden (Michael O'Hare and Claudia Christian, in particular, IMO)...but Claudia gets ALOT better...and O'Hare is quasi-replaced at the beginning of season 2...coming back only for an excellent guest appearance much later in the show. ;)

My advice is to stick with it....because next to DS9, it is my all-time favorite show. And there is a reason for that. If you love DS9...generally, you will love B5.....IF you stick with it and give it until season 3.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, I love G'Kar and Londo aswell, they're both awesome characters. And while I was a little upset when they replaced Sinclair with Sheridan, I do have to say that Sheridan is great.

20. Kevin Fajo

Yes I have all of it on DVD that's available so I will follow it all through.

Vash, better than Patrick Stewart!? I say gasp to you. There are only a handful of people left on the planet who I think compare. Ian McKellan and Ewan McGregor are on the list but I guess I should think of some American names... So far the captain on Babylon 5 is winning the worst award but it could change! Everything he says so far sounds like Troy McClure from The Simpsons. "I have an announcer voice. Don't I have an announcer voice? I think I have an announcer voice."

I like the aliens very much so far. Garibaldi is okay, looks just like Riker but his voice is very twentieth century so sometimes its hard to take him seriously in the setting. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.