The Fantastic Four (1994)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, she doesn't look anything like Alyson.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'd be willing to bet that most of Luna Lane's movies had better production values than Fantastic Four (1994) did. (See how I brought the thread back on topic?) ;):lol:

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Yeah I don't think Alyson has done nudity in a film. There was supposedly a sex tape but it's not her. I am not sure if it that woman in the above picture. The fake has a slight resemblace to her, of course it's a poorly lighted video.

On the real subject, I am glad others like the first FF too. I got a bootleg video tape right when it first came out. They did a really good job with it. I would like to see a better quality than my ancient VHS.

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Phew. My Google skills are revalidated as is Ms Hannigan's reputation. Was she even in FF (94)?

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Now I remember. A poor quality Luna Lane video was mistaken as an Alyson Hannigan sex tape back in the day.

Anyways, I used to have this movie on DVD. Wish I still had it as I thought it was a decent film, certainly not great by any means. But it was fun, and definitely a better take on the FF than the two movies we got theatrically.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

If you folks want to talk about Roger Corman's Fantastic Four film, that's fine. If you want to just talk about material you can add to your spank bank, then I'm going to gas this thread pretty quickly. Figure it out.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Someone had mentioned the rumor of Alyson Hannigan appearing nude, and I merely explained where those rumors had come from.

Besides, we are still talking about the movie anyways.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

When I saw this thread a few days ago, I decided to get a hold of the movie. I was expecting a real piece of garbage, but when I saw it last night, I thought it was pretty fun. Alex-Hyde White had enough charisma to play a good Reed Richards, Jay Underwood was also pretty good as the cocky Johnny Storm, the Thing's make-up was on par with its big-budget counterpart, and I thought that Rebecca Staab was a better Sue Storm than Jessica Alba. The movie didn't have the gloss of a big-budget movie, but it got the job done and I didn't mind the camp.

9. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did the same, I DLed it after reading this thread.

It was pretty good fun I admit, and I just find the whole notion of a film being produced with the producers knowing full well they would never release it, and the actors thinking the opposite to be interesting.

I'm surprised they could have really believed the studio intended it for wide release, given how incredibly poor the production values are.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought The Thing was one of the best things about this version - he just seemed right out of the early 1960s comic.

Costuming was divided up between a costume designer and a prop house, explaining the faithful job done on Doom's armor contrasted with the rather flimsy, silly cape and hood that he wears. The prop/make-up people didn't so much design Doom and Ben as simply recreate the comic designs. That had its charm.

11. Agent Richard07

At least they can take some pride in the fact that it has a bit of a cult following. Maybe.

It looked like it could have been the pilot for a TV show. The quality isn't the best, but it's about the same as other failed pilots I've seen.

And in other news... I've thought for a while now that Mitt Romney looks like Reed Richards and it looks like I'm not alone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found it unwatchable, couldn't make it past 30 minutes.

13. Agent Richard07

Here's an article that talks about the movie, what really happened and how the cast reacted. It's a pretty good read.

The cast in 2005...

[​IMG]

And again in 2011...

[​IMG]

Also, we may not have gotten a nude Alyson Hannigan, but Mercedes McNab, the actress who played the young Sue Storm and who went on to appear on Buffy and Angel, posed for Playboy in 2006. There you have it. Your nude Buffy alum.

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Ah Doom, one of the best things about the movie. I'm not sure if the actor in the costume felt he was going to be oveshadowed by the voice or what. But he overacts his butt off with wild hand gestures and the like, he makes for a very theatrical villian.

15. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Speaking of failed TV pilots, does anyone remember that Generation X movie that FOX did in the mid-1990s (another bootleg staple)?

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, basically, the story that it was made without any intention of releasing it is an urban myth/rumor. That's good to know.