The Doctors uniform colour

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Listerlad, Mar 1, 2019.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Only on TrekBBS do we have threads discussing the colors of uniforms (remember that TOS one about yellow/green Kirk shirts?).

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So teal is the avocado of TNG?

3. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a great active thread now re colour in the TOS forum.

Which color was intended, real blue or teal? I like blue.

4. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I remember well, actors/actresses complained regularly, especially with the hot it was on sets. That and the fact that they were restricted in their movement with the risk of cracking the pants (the up = the scratched
    - or buttoned - jacket seemed safer for what was to stay in one piece ;)).

About the uniforms themselves, I would have thought that the crew replicated a new one maybe not everyday but at least every weeks or at least months. Between the sweat, the blood and accidental tears in the fabric, it was an imperative...except when the replicator was off, of course. :shrug:

The only who had no problem for clothing was, of course the Doctor and Neelix (honestly no replicator could create his colored clothes! They must coming from his personal wardrobe :lol:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KimMH likes this.
  5. X24actor

X24actor Lieutenant Red Shirt

So the in universe explanation is that the shade of blue doesn't matter and is interchangeable. Blue is blue

6. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

OH. A Neelix Wax Figure. A quite ugly one. Flesh and blood Neelix looks much better....

7. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

My guess for the differnece between Beverly and Quaice is the women's costumes likely were mostly spandex and the men's more wool, which probably took the color differently even using the same dye.

Tosk likes this.
  8. X24actor

X24actor Lieutenant Red Shirt

But we have seen many other uniforms throughout Star Trek with those same two different colors

9. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

It always amuses me how some are adamant that medical and science are two different colours, yet accept that security, engineer and operations are all identical.

10. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Wondering if anyone knows the Pantone color names for the uniforms? Don’t have Theiss’s book and don’t know if it addresses it anyway. It’s hard to shop for fabric when you’re eyeballing and trying to remember from memory-color seems so subjective in mind’s eye.

11. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do Jadzia and Julian have different shades of blue/teal in DS9?

Kor