News The Disney+ (The New Streaming Service) Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Dec 22, 2018.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It fascinates me to no end how quick to judgement humans can be with only the smallest amount of information.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

it must it must be tiring watching literally every movie that comes out then, because if you're not prejudging the movie then you have to literally watch everything that comes out. All I said, is that to me Onward would be a bad movie, something I don't want to watch. I never said other people couldn't like it, it's just not for me. I have almost nothing but free time, but even I don't have time to watch literally everything that comes out, so some things are going to get skipped because they don't look like something I like. Outside of a few franchises, I don't tend to go out of my way to watch stuff that looks bad to me.

for me, Pixar lost any right to not be prejudged when Coco and Incredibles 2 both sucked. Like I said, I will never just watch a Pixar movie now just because it's a Pixar movie, it has to earn my viewership somehow. Onward looked bad to me from the trailer, I hate the ending that got spoiled, and since Pixar lost my trust I'm not going to waste my time on it. the last time I took a chance on the Pixar movie that looked bad from the trailer I watched Coco, and that turned out terribly for me.

To me, that actually sounds worse than Coco, and thats pathetic. Cars 2 was less of a waste of time.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  3. fireproof78

I rarely watch new things.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the context of the movie, it was a great ending, and I think in a way it actually works better for the story being told than them finding their father. Like I said before, at the end, it's not actually about the brothers finding their father, it's about them and their relationship.

Seven of Five likes this.
  5. kirk55555

That's your opinion, which is fine. To me, that makes the whole movie pointless. Like I said, I already didn't like it from the trailer, I don't like the setting, and the premise isn't great. there is no reason for me to watch the movie, If I want to watch something that pissed me off there's a lot more interesting things to watch then a mediocre Pixar film.

6. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

@kirk55555 A movie not living up to what you perceived its message to be does not make said movie pointless.

Also, if a movie trailer can 'piss you off', you've got much bigger issues to worry about and should seek some mental health therapy.

crookeddy likes this.
  7. kirk55555

:lol: there is nothing wrong with being pissed off by a trailer, and if you think so then you might be the one who need some help

8. fireproof78

While I value seeing other person's points of view I just cannot imagine being "pissed off" at a trailer, or even a film in general (unless it is a real world historical type piece).
    Wrong? Not sure. Confusing? Sure as hell for me.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, this is not an opinion, this a fact. I'm talking about the objective facts of what the movie is actually about.
    It's just that the point of the movie is not what the trailer made it looked it would be.
    Disney+ has reorganized they're Marvel section, they've seperated the movies out by Phase, and the non-Marvel Studios are now Marvel Legacy Movies. This seems like a nice and understandable way to categorize them.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

The only time I would ever get angry at a film before seeing it, either from the trailer or otherwise, is if whitewashing or some other egregious historical erasure occurred. Or outright racism and/or sexism.

Oh, thank the gods. That was driving me nutty. I know it's not a big deal, but as someone who loves organization to the extent that would make Monk embarrassed, it really grated on me. :lol:

Turtletrekker likes this.
  11. fireproof78

Exactly.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. I have been disappointed when I didn't enjoy a trailer for a movie I was anticipating, but never angry.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

14. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's good news!
    I'm assuming this is probably going to be unconnected to the novel trilogy written by Chris Claremont.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

17. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Don’t do the premium thing. They release them on iTunes a few weeks later

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They made the live action Mulan free for all subscribers last week. I haven't watched it yet, but I probably sometime in the next week or two.

19. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't watch Coco without getting all teary. We've watched it at least a dozen times--it is one of my favorite movies of any genre.

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I watched it again recently. One of the best films I've seen in years.