Spoilers The Blacklist - Season 7 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Procutus, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

When we last saw Raymond Reddington, he was in a bit of a pickle - drugged and kidnapped by the woman he once loved (and perhaps still does): the mysterious Katerina Rostova.

After years of teasing this mystery, it looks like we may finally learning some real answers this season. Despite the sometimes erratic writing for Elizabeth's character, I'm still hooked on finding out where this is all going. And if this really is the final season, I hope that the conclusion will be satisfactory.

Premier night is just six days away! Let the discussions (and occasional griping) begin!

:hugegrin:

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

3. Kate Kane

Kate Kane Admiral Admiral

That clip perfectly demonstrates why I stopped watching the show. I find it remarkable Arison was able to get through that with a straight face.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I read an article recently where he said that he had read the scripts for the first two episodes, and that they contained more twists and turns than an entire season.

Which could be a good thing, or it could be a complete train-wreck.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

After several seasons of is he is isn't he her daddy I think it's time to do some twisty shit and wrap up the series. James Spader deserves to be set free and be on a better show.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Twisty shit. I like that!

:lol:

I've been trying to come up with a theory that would allow for Red to still actually be the real Raymond Reddington, and at the same time, explain the contents of the duffle bag in a way that made sense, but so far I haven't quite been able to do it. But even though there's nothing out there that really supports the idea, I can't shake the notion that he IS Reddington... And by extension, Lizzie's father.

I mean, if he really was someone else, why would Katarina call him 'Raymond' when there would be no need to do so, considering that there was no one else around at that the time. Why not just greet him by whatever his real identity is?

:confused:

7. Kate Kane

Kate Kane Admiral Admiral

Which perfectly exemplifies what I was alluding to before. They tried way too hard to stack mystery box on top of mystery box, only to end up with an over-stuffed junk closet.

Sometimes the simplest most obvious idea is best.

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

And that's what I've begun to wonder, If the original, seemingly simplest thing - that Red really is her father - is in fact, the truth and everything else has been mists and shadows. And I also thought all along that Katarina was likely still alive and at large.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Just a reminder to everyone that the show starts in three hours, at 8:00 P.M., EST.

I plan to watch it live and drop a few comments. Hope I'm not the only one.

:ack:

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Due to my schedule, I didn't get around to watching this until last night.

There were indeed a number of twists and turns, but in the end, Red was right back where he was at the beginning of the episode; in the clutches of the nasty Katarina. Who keeps saying that Red is going to tell her everything she wants to know, yet she hasn't asked a single damn question yet!

:crazy:

I sincerely hope that his captivity doesn't drag out through half the season, with each one ending with 'Red's Escape Attempt of the Week'' only to get caught again 30 seconds before the end credits roll.

So, did anyone else watch?

11. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Premium Member

I watched, and didn't have strong feelings either way about the quality of the episode. It's pretty much what I have come to expect from the show. Ridiculous plot twists that somehow leave us with more questions than answers.

What did strike me as odd was the team's reaction to the news that Reddington may not be Reddington. They seemed upset that Liz had kept the information from them, but barely interested/concerned in the fact that Reddington may be an entirely different person. You would have thought there would be more fanfare around that announcement.

On another note, I've thought the show always had a strange way of balancing Liz's professional and personal lives. I get it, she needs to find a nanny, but it seemed odd that in the middle of this high pressure operation to get Reddington back, she's showing her boss how she's spending her work time browsing for babysitters. Not the time to be doing that.

All of that said, I do still like the show. It's crazy but entertaining. I'm interested in seeing how they deal with Katarina. I do wish we had word on when the final season will be, because it would be nice to know that the craziness will actually be wrapped up neatly at some point. I'm starting to have real trouble keeping track of all that's gone on.

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

For me, the one aspect of the story that stuck out the most to me was the fact that Cooper wasn't really buying into the 'Reddington isn't Reddington' BS that Liz was relating to them. I would think that Cooper, more than anyone, would be able to know if Red wasn't the person that he served with (Navy?) From what the Stranger (Brett Cullen) said in the S6 finale, we know that Dom's story isn't accurate; "Why would he tell her that?" he said to Red.

One thing we know with absolute certainty: Whoever was wearing the blood-stained shirt that Cooper pulled from evidence lock-up is Liz's real father. I'm still fairly convinced that person is Red.

Who's bones were in the bag is anyone's guess, at this point.

Gov Kodos likes this.