The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PianoWizzy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You know multiple consecutive posts are frowned upon right? I suggest next time, you use the edit button.

2. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I never got that rule. In spirit, it's to fight spamming, which I understand. Multiple posts in the course of simply conversing or as the result of answering posts as you read shouldn't be a problem. That's not spamming, it's just conversing.

3. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I really don't care. I want to know if there's anyone out there that feels the same way I do about the third series

4. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey. Easiest way to get the post count to be a rear admiral... ;)

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not really. It's consistently funny.

6. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree the show is great. I watch it every time it comes on.:techman:

7. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

I agree that the quality of the show has gradually declined since about the middle of Season 2. The jokes have gradually gotten less smart and more mainstream. But I still think it's funny. Season 3 was still funny, IMHO.

I actually think the biggest drop in quality came with Season 4. It's relied too much on generic sitcom humor so far. Though the most recent episode with Penny's father was quite good, it was a bit of an exception.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The problem it faces that all shows face is the shiny new factor has worn off so its never going to have the same sppeal it had early on. Saying that TBBT is still the best comedy on tv at the moment and the last 2 episodes have been real crackers.

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I only started watching last season so if it's changed it happened before I started watching. I haven't noticed any dip in quality from last season to this.

10. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

^You really need to see season 1 & 2 - some of the funniest episodes in comedy since Friends. Comedy gold.

Season Three and Four have had comedy gold moments, but not one episode that I loved (except maybe the first episode this season).

You know their scraping the bottom of the barrel when fart and period jokes are the height of the humour for an episode!

11. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it was better when there was some soapiness intertwined with the comedy.

12. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Good god

13. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I'll be honest, what I miss most from season one are Penny's low cut top and shorts combos.