The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkiebaggio, Oct 5, 2012.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Even worse.. Sheldon. Just look at the pilot when they meet Penny and she's impressed by their math boards.. Sheldon flirts with her! :lol:

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It was even even worse in the original pilot. Sheldon actually found women attractive and even had sex with one. :p

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The original also had both Leonard and Sheldon selling their genius sperm in order to eat. Their money is definitely going somewhere.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

...What?!

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

dvd extras.

There's a different pilot, with a different Penny.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

TBBT shows the same signs of deterioration as Two and a Half Men. Characters become more and more cartoonish, contradict themselves, are assholes most of the time, and the storylines just get worse and worse as well.

7. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Regarding the money, Sheldon does earn a lot more than he spends. He had a drawer full of uncashed paychecks, and actually said a percentage of what he spent each month. Leonard should earn less, given that he seems less academically succesfull and has been at the university a shorter time, but he still should have a lot of money left at the end of the month.

And when we are on the subject, why does Howard work at a university? He seems skilled at what he does, and his field has practical uses, in which there is a lot of money. A private aerospace company should be able to use him much more.

8. trekkiebaggio

Ahh thanks. I don't have the dvds so I didn't know about this.

9. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

That's really interesting about the other pilot. Do you know the name of actress that played Penny?

10. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

She was called Katie, and she was played by Amanda Walsh.

11. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

As for Amy's character change, she was just a late bloomer. She had never found a person that had the qualities that she sees in Sheldon. Happens all the time in real life.

12. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

And Sheldon previously had sex with the nerdy girl Leonard was "attached" to.

13. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Wow, is she pretty. I've never seen her act though.

14. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

well sheldon and leonard live together because they have been starved for human contact thier entire lives, or they just continued on the same pattern from when they were students, or they are just naturally frugal, or they don't care about economic appearances, or vacancy rates are really tight and they have to take what they can.

And Amy is experiencing a sexual awakening because for the first time in her life she is in a social situation where sex is actually a possibility

15. trekkiebaggio

I can see why Sheldon would want a roomate - someone to drive him around, be his sidekick if he gets superpowers etc. ;)

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The Caltech is reasonable near his mother's house.

:)

17. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Caltech"? Why the "The"? Caltech is just called "Caltech." Now, if you were calling it its full name, then you'd have "The California Institute of Technology."

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I bet he takes The Interstate 210 to get there.

19. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah.

Although we did call it "the 210" as in "head east on the 210, then south on the 605." Or "the Foothill Freeway," because "take Foothill east..." could be interpreted as taking Foothill Blvd east. But it would be "take PCH" or "take Angeles Crest."

Anybody from the LA area say that differently?

20. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

That reminds me of that stupid sketch on Saturday Night Live, "The Californians". A fake soap opera about people from LA and the surfer accent, always giving driving directions.

And yes, that's how I'd give those directions too... "Take the 405 from LAX up to the 10, then take the PCH to Malibu."

I was thinking about this the other day: Everyone refers to Los Angeles Int'l Airport as LAX. I can't think of another airport in the United States that is commonly referred to by its airport code. The name "LAX" is even prominently featured with block letters outside the airport.