The Ahsoka series is coming.

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mach5, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Sabine will most likely appear. If that Rebels Epilogue takes place before the show.

Ezra was last seen with Thrawn, so he's also likely to show up.

jackoverfull likes this.
  2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

The Mandalorian pretty heavily hints that this new Ahsoka series is going to feature and follow up on Ahsoka and Sabine's part of the Rebels epilogue... hence the casting of the latter.

jackoverfull likes this.
  3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Sabine isn't a possibility, she's a certainty. Although I don't think LF has said anything, most of the credible entertainment trades have confirmed through sources that's who Natasha Liu Bordizzo is playing.

As for the Epilogue, I think there's reason to presume that it takes place *after* Ahsoka's Mandalorian appearance, not before, and that likewise the show will be the lead up to it.

So Ezra may be in it, or he may just be an unseen Mcguffin.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they already cast Ezra. He is suppose to be played by the actor from that new Aladdin movie.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, that strikes me as eminently reasonable given the whole episode set her up to find Thrawn. Would be kind of odd to set that thread up and then discard it entirely.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that seemed like a pretty clear set up for them to show up at some point.

7. Jayson1

Don't discount flashbacks though from before The Mandalorian. With Hayden Christiansian aboard I wonder if they would even flashback to Clone Wars time and use de-aging tech or something.

8. fireproof78

I'm not discounting them. I praying fervently that they don't do them.

9. Jayson1

Why not? I think maybe they could even tie it into General Thrawn by seeing Thrawn when he was young as well.

10. fireproof78

Because Anakin is not an interesting character. Thrawn is barely there.

11. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Force Ghost Anakin? Hayden Christiansian is about the age Darth Vader would be in Rogue One.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Who said anything about discarding?

All I meant was the literal scene that was saw in the Rebels coda most likely takes place *after* the events was saw Ahsoka involved with on Corvus. It doesn't invalidate anything, because we have no wider context for that scene.
    This could literally just be Ahsoka swinging by to pick Sabine up to set out to get Ezra *after* they've already dealt with the Thrawn lead and finally have solid information to venture out to bring him home.

Keep in mind the disparity between the Mandalorian concept art of Ahsoka as full on 'Ahsoka The White' (staff and all), and her final appearance on the show which is much more 'Ahsoka the Grey' still. Between that and a few things Filloni has said over the last year or so; there's ample reason to presume what we saw in Rebels wasn't the start of their journey together, merely them setting out on the last leg of it.

Why were they separated at all? Any number of reasons, up to and including "both needing a few days to tie up a few loose ends before they go", and Sabine's was on Lothal while Ahsoka's was elsewhere.

13. fireproof78

No one. I misread.

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt we'll see Hera, at least not right away. But if she does show up, I was thinking the other day that it would be kind of neat if they cast a French person. Or perhaps better yet, someone from Quebec/Montreal. I feel it would serve to show that, with the Empire gone, she's lowered some psychological barriers and can freely be her more natural self. Not to mention the obvious metaphor to be hard there.

15. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

Movie only Anakin? Okay, I could see this argument. Clone Wars cartoon Anakin? That's a hot take. He's one of the most complex characters in the saga. Not necessarily deep, no. But if the struggle between the angels and demons of your nature doesn't interest you, so be it.

16. Tuskin38

I think Hayden was already announced to in the show? Or maybe that was a rumour/leak

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ He's confirmed to be in both Ahsoka & Obi-Wan

18. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

He's confirmed for Ahsoka? I thought it was just Obi-Wan so far.

19. Tuskin38

20. fireproof78

Clone Wars Anakin was probably one of the weakest parts of that show. We occasionally see that struggle, but it isn't deep as you say. Anakin suffers from being a prophecy driven character whom we know the outcome will happen but nothing feels like it would actually stop it from happening. As characters go Anakin feels like a Greek tragic figure, bound by the Fates and nothing he does means anything because Fate has decided.

It can be done well. With Anakin it wasn't.