The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Xmas present built with Tiny Rune

hnUuLc5.jpg

mxjCOoP.jpg
HSSgMiu.jpg
k3YHuNP.jpg

I got a couple more Marvel Legends figures in the mail.
Also, at a local shop I got a Star Wars Vintage Collection stormtrooper with cannon from the Mandalorian, released a couple years ago. A connector piece for the cannon is missing. I'll see if I can jury-rig something from a random piece of plastic.

Kor

Looks like the YouTube channel of Scott Neitlich, Spector Creative, has been hit with hundreds of copyright claims from one person over pictures of action figures off of Google. The Junkman has a video on it:
Neitlich's YouTube channel was my gateway into toy collecting on YouTube (after watching The Toys That Made Us on Netflix), and as such was a big reason why I got back into collecting toys. As a former employee of Mattel and Jakks Pacific, he shared insights into the toy industry not available from most other YouTube channels. While he did have a tendency to repeat himself (mostly because he put out so many videos during the pandemic), it would be a true shame if his channel stayed banned.

I got a couple more Marvel Legends figures in the mail.
Also, at a local shop I got a Star Wars Vintage Collection stormtrooper with cannon from the Mandalorian, released a couple years ago. A connector piece for the cannon is missing. I'll see if I can jury-rig something from a random piece of plastic.

Kor
Might be able to find a 3d print version too.

And that's on my list.

Reactions: Kor
Looks like the YouTube channel of Scott Neitlich, Spector Creative, has been hit with hundreds of copyright claims from one person over pictures of action figures off of Google. The Junkman has a video on it:
Neitlich's YouTube channel was my gateway into toy collecting on YouTube (after watching The Toys That Made Us on Netflix), and as such was a big reason why I got back into collecting toys. As a former employee of Mattel and Jakks Pacific, he shared insights into the toy industry not available from most other YouTube channels. While he did have a tendency to repeat himself (mostly because he put out so many videos during the pandemic), it would be a true shame if his channel stayed banned.
That was quick. The situation is resolved and the Spector Creative channel is back online.

Reactions: Kor

Separate post due to being a new announcement:
Hasbro has pre-orders up for the E-Wing that appeared in Ahsoka. It's a mighty fine looking ship.

Spoke to soon:

The very first video review I've spotted for the new Black Series Anakin Skywalker from Episode I.

The upcoming Black Series 6" Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala based on Episode I and to help celebrate that film's 25th Anniversary, and alongside the artwork from their respective boxes.

429615221-1768995400250889-5160015397335715931-n.png

That was quick. The situation is resolved and the Spector Creative channel is back online.

Spoke to soon:

Well, now Spector Creative is back:

So I ventured outside Hasbro's rather lacklustre Marvel Legends line for a Psylocke figure from Diamond Select's Marvel Select line. I'm really not a big fan of 7" scale figures, as I have a lot of 6" figures and I like my figures to be able to fit together in scenes and whatnot. Marvel Select is a bit hit-or-miss from what I've seen. Some of the ones made ten years ago are now behind the curve in the paint applications and sculpts, yet they are still being sold even though they should really be updated. And I've noticed several with odd proportions, namely really long legs while the arms are comparatively too short. That seems to be an issue with a lot of 6.5" and 7" figures; it's like they started out in the design phase as 6" figures in body and head, but then had the legs stretched out to make them stand taller. Anyway, I got home and took Psylocke out of the package, and there are a couple articulation issues with stuck joints. Hopefully heating up will loosen them. Also, she towers over the handful of other 7" figures that I have!

Edit: An example of weird proportions, Sue Storm: https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/sue-storm-select-action-figure/

Kor

I didn't like that Marvel Select Psylocke figure because of the odd proportions, and the fact I mentioned, that this supposed 7" scale figure is too tall to go with the few other 7" figures I have. So I traded it for some 6" Marvel Legends instead.

Kor

Back