The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Foreplay!

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Just Breaking: The very first images of the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con 6" Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite from Hasbro's brand new Black Series lines of action figures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Boba Fett himself will be available later this coming fall as a mass retail release in regular Black Series packaging. The Han Solo in Carbonite accessory is a Comic-Con exclusive and is not scheduled for a wider release.

The set's price will be $44.99 and it will be sold at the Hasbro convention booth.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Beat me to it. I was just coming here to post that.

The fact that this is an SDCC exclusive fills me with unbridled rage. I want this so bad!

4. cooleddie74

Con exclusive or not, I'm sure some online retailer will get some of these and sell them for a little more than the convention will. The 2012 Comic-Con Carbon Freezing Chamber set with the seven Vintage/"Lost Line" figures including Carbonite Jar Jar was sold online around the same time the con was being held so there'll probably be other outlets to buy this Boba and Han.

They'll probably go for more than $50, though.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

BBTS will most likely sell it. They normally sell all the SDCC exclusives at some point. That does look beautiful.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, I know it will be available. My lament is for the fact that I will have to pay a premium for it, and risk the fast sellouts.

7. cooleddie74

Two reasons I only rarely bother with Comic-Con and Celebration exclusives or wait a good long while until they've finally become cheap enough to pick up on the secondary market.

Premium prices and fast sellouts are becoming the norm for far too many of these things.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

picked up a few things recently. the New 52 Superman and a Superman t-shirt. Superman is pretty cool, but his legs are slightly warped. also picked up one of the Lone Ranger Lego sets. haven't had time to put it together yet. also got a Bond record.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

WANT !!!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfHptohSLE[/yt]

10. Admiral_Young

Yeah I'm kind of meh on the cutaway Enterprise. I love cutaway posters...but this is probably the only ship that's got a negative reaction out of me for some reason.

11. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Same here. I have no idea why but I am just not all that excited. I also hate the grid-lines on the saucer. I think if they had maybe filled the rooms in the saucer and added some more color to her innards I might feel differently. Maybe? I don't know. I just know that it doesn't catch my eye or instill the customary rush when I look at her. For someone who is just nuts about ships you would think I would be drooling all over the place.

I also do not think this thing is worth the $200 they are asking either. That might be what's killing it for me.

12. cooleddie74

The price is what might keep me from ever buying it. I can live with this particular cutaway design on this Enterprise and the other features, but I'm not too enamored of the price tag on the thing.

13. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

If this is handled at all like other Hasbro exclusives have been, overstock will hit HasbroToyShop.com a week or two after the con and be sold for the SDCC price. You have to basically stake out the website and act fast, but I managed to snag the Transformers and MLP exclusives last year in that manner; saved a ton over buying them on BBTS or eBay.

14. cooleddie74

Found another VC99 Nikto from the Grand Moff Tarkin wave of Vintage earlier today. He was just $9. A good deal since the average retail price of a Vintage Collection figure is $9.99 before sales tax.

15. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, that's been a common problem with the DC Universe/Unlimited line. Mattel just has to put the figures into dynamic poses in the packaging, and the limbs get warped because of it. Sure, you can fix it with a hairdryer, or hot water, but we shouldn't have to.

16. cooleddie74

I saw some of the smaller 3.75" Man of Steel figures at a local Walmart earlier this evening. They look terrible. The larger ones that were posted in the thread a couple of days ago look a million times better than these cheesy little things and are much better likenesses of the actors.

Yellow, Radioactive Superman with glowing eyes and glowing flame/energy bolt coming from his right arm? Wow. And I thought some of the Batman figures with him in weird armor and costumes looked bad. I'm a lifelong Superman fan and hope the film itself is good and worth seeing, but some of these new toys just stink.

17. Admiral_Young

I'm just getting the Movie Masters.

18. OdoWanKenobi

Mattel has proven that they have no freaking clue how to make a proper 3 3/4 line. The Green Lantern and Dark Knight Rises lines were much the same. Thankfully we have the Movie Masters line to give us good collector friendly figures. Sadly, after making a wonderful collector friendly 3 3/4 line for Iron Man 2, Hasbro seems to have taken a page out of Mattel's book for Iron Man 3, and made a crummy kids line with limited articulation, and ridiculous non-movie accurate armors.

19. cooleddie74

I also saw some of the Iron Man 3 figures earlier tonight.

They weren't quite as bad as the Man of Steel ones, but they weren't very good either. Hasbro dropped the ball on this new line.

20. Admiral_Young

The "Iron Man 3" Legends figures aren't that bad...but not to my liking either. I'm pretty picky when it comes to collecting now since I've gotten back into it. Quality is for sure a big factor, but also sculpt and paint job are important qualities that I've been looking at.

Still no luck with the MOS movie masters for me...but the comic shop did say that they would be getting them in pretty soon, so hopefully by the end of the month I'll have Superman and Jor-El.