That Vulcan in Engineering?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Garak007, Aug 22, 2010.

1. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

His Daddy was an Admiral and it would look good on Aunty Janeways service record if she could give his naughty son a second chance. ;)

Tom's rank was a political move for Janeway, not much else...........at first.

2. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah right, sort of how NuPike groomed NuKirk for command after picking him up in that bar? "So tell me son, have you ever been in an Orion sauna?" I mean, it's not as if Kirk really earned such a rapid promotion is it? So from this we assume that Kim wasn't prepared to 'sit' on Janeway's promotion couch and Paris was?

3. exodus

Yep, Janeway was looking for Admiral pips on her uniform just like her dad. She wanted the quickest way with little effort. Remember in "Shattered" when Chakotay mentions Harry, Janeway scoffs at his name. Chakotay corrects her and tells her not to laugh because he becomes one of their best officers. Janeway didn't think much of Harry in getting her much of anything at first.

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I always thought she restored his former rank because of his performance on the planet during "Caretaker". Besides, he had a reputation as a great pilot (well, before the accident) and Sadi was dead so the spot was open.

5. jo jo

jo jo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

1) whos sadi
    2) i think his rank should have been restored alot later on so he had had enough time to prome himself worthy of said rank

6. exodus

Sadi is the Betazoid pilot you see flying Tom out to DS9/Voyager in the premiere episode.

7. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

It's one thing for Paris to have started his career on Voyager at a higher rank than Harry, it's another for him to be demoted and then promoted back to his original rank as well, without Harry getting any promotion. Janeway really doesn't seem to favour Harry.