That gum you like is coming back in style.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by StarMan, Oct 4, 2014.

1. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

2. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

There have been rumblings that a sequel movie where they finally end my suffering have been in the works on and off for two decades. I'm not holding my breath.

If it does happen, then I can finally die.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Greatest show ever, in my opinion. There have been rumors for years of a revival/movie, but I think they're still just that. But it gives us die-hards something to talk about.

Incidentally, it makes a certain amount of sense to return to TP at this time. After all, Laura told Cooper she'd see him again in twenty-five years.

anti-matter likes this.
  5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That would be awesome.

And with the 'You will not see me again for 25 years' thing they wouldn't have to worry about the characters' ages. It would be something actually predicted by the original show to happen 25 years later.

6. AgentCoop

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

2016 will be the year of damn good cherry pie and damned strong coffee. :)

8. JirinPanthosa

I wonder which characters they'll bring back. Don S Davis is dead so not Garland Briggs. I don't know too much about the other actor and actresses' situations, but they could easily still have Shelley as Bobby's wife working at the double R diner. They could easily have James Hurley show up, back home after traveling the country. Don't know too much about most of the actors and actresses and their availabilities. Don't know if Lara Flynn Boyle is more available now than she was for Fire Walk With Me or if not if they'd replace her again. Or if a certain beloved character survived a certain explosion.

9. AgentCoop

Unfortunately, Jack Nance (Pete) and Frank Silva (BOB) have also passed away. It's hard to picture Twin Peaks without Pete and the town's resident evil spirit, but I have faith in Lynch and Frost.

I'd love to see a return of as many original cast members as possible. I'd even love to see Sam Stanley again, and maybe find out what happened to Chet Desmond and Phillip Jeffries. But for me the absolute must-haves are Cooper (obviously), Laura (in some capacity), Audrey, Ben, Bobby and maybe Truman (Mayor Truman, perhaps?). It would be awesome to see Little Mike again, too.

And, of course, it goes without saying that I'm hoping for Angelo Badalamenti to get onboard.

10. JirinPanthosa

They couldn't have really brought Pete back anyway. It's much easier to imagine somebody surviving an explosion chained to a door across the room than it is to imagine surviving an explosion to the face.

Bob is the kind of role that can be recast.

So many ambiguous death scenes in the last episode. Ben Horn, Leo Johnson. Will Ben Horn survive a fire poker to the forehead and think he's a Bajoran freedom fighter?

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

While the new season is still about two years away I think a rewatch is in order. I'm sitting here listening to the soundtrack and I'm remembering how much I loved this show.

For anyone who's interested, about a year or so ago when I watched the show for the first time I started a watching thread in the Scifi forum. It actually lasted a long time, it kind of petered out when I watched the movie and was done with that world.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

As impenetrable as I usually find David Lynch's work, it was Jeffries who kind of clued me in as to what this show is, IMHO, really all about:

IIRC, when Jeffries reappears after being absent for so long, he's ranting about living inside a dream. Perhaps he has somehow realized that he and everyone else in his world is a character on a TV show? Kind of like the Ambush Bug of live action TV. Jeffries somehow knows that he, and everyone else he knows, is just a TV character. This might also explain what happened to Chet Desmond: he disappeared simply because he was written out of the show. Very 'meta', as it were.

As for continuing the storyline, I find myself hoping against hope that all of this Black Lodge crap with Dale might be resolved...

13. JirinPanthosa

I always interpreted Chet's disappearance as a way of Bob & Mike getting Cooper assigned to the case. That's why "Let's rock", which is what Mike tells him the first time in the lodge. They knew Cooper was a potential vessel like Laura.

For the television thing with Mr Bowie, I would bring up the fact that the vessel for the giant, when he found Cooper shot, the first thing he did was hang up the phone. It was easy to interpret at the time as a guy who's not all there thinking he's doing Cooper a favor hanging up the phone, but I think it was because the wires are a method of observation for the dark spirits, also working on the television theme.

I don't see it as 'He realized we were characters in a television show', at least not literally, so much as 'Television as the home of the demons' relates to the theme of 'The act of observing makes something fiction' as referenced by the hilarious similarities between the popular soap opera with Jade and Emerald and the real events in the show.

'People turn the TV on it looks just like a window.
    If I can't show it, you can't see me.
    What's the point of doing anything?' :cool:

14. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

And the Log Lady, please!!