Terok Nor Triptych Art

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Jeff Ayers, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I like how you pre-corrected anyone who could possibly have come along after about that tetraptych thing.
    That's a new one...even for you.

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Oh, crap, that's right. I was thinkin' of that other one, not 'Necessary Evil' (though that had him in the black uniform, too), but the one where Kira went back in time, and met her mother.

My mind is actually blankin' on the episode title.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Does anyone know if these books will jive with Double Helix: Quarantine?

4. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

Somehow, I doubt that these will tease, cajole, or dance with that book. ;)

But, I gotta say if they could do that, I'd pay twice the price for them.

5. The Nth Doctor

Bah. I meant jibe. :p

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think these books are long overdue to finally have a series finally fill in the back story of the Bajoran occupation is a great idea.

7. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks great. I just can't wait til these books come out now. I want to read about the Day of Withdrawl and see who shows up first from Starfleet, which I bet is the Enterprise.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The Day of Withdrawal has already been depicted from one perspective in Millennium and another in A Stitch in Time. The two versions don't quite reconcile, but then, one is told by Garak and is thus automatically suspect.

9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The different stories about the withdrawal from Bajor are why I liked Millenium and A Stitch in time they're told from different character perspectives and make me interested in getting the upcoming Terok Nor series for the same reason.

10. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I know it was told in Millenium, cause I have those 2 books and trying to work on getting the third. It's just I was wondering which Starfleet vessel might of responded to the call when the Cardies left Terok Nor.

11. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

I imagine Starfleet would have had intelligence about the withdrawal beforehand and might have had a plan for the inevitable call. So I'd think it'd have been a fleet of medical ships and SCE vessels.

Don't recall the depictions of the withdrawal from the above-mentioned novels, but I imagine it was pure chaos. There must have been a power vacuum between the time of the Cardassians leaving and the formation of the provisional government.

I think Dukat mentioned some time frame in the pilot about how long ago he had been sitting behind Sisko's desk.

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Oh, yeah. The very first scene of Millenium is a bunch of Cardassians very nearly lynching Quark on the Day of Withdrawal.

13. Emissary of the Prophets

Emissary of the Prophets Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

14. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

I hope so, as that is one of my favourite books.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

IIRC, other books written since the DH series have failed to maintain continuity with it, but I could well be mistaken on that. 'Twould be far from unknown.

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

well, the NF series maintains continuity with Double or Nothing...

17. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well Peter David has near-complete creative control of the New Frontier series, save for Editorial suggestions which I've understood David has both welcomed and enjoyed playing with. Peter David has also worked in the comics industry, so he was in control of the writing for Double or Nothing as well -- so it makes sense he'd refrence it.

I don't know if the Double Helix: Quarintine author is the same author who's writing the Terok Nor trilogy, though. If it is then it's somewhat possible, I suppose, but if it's not then it's anyone's guess.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

First off, are you sure you guys are talking about Quarantine? That's the fourth book in the Double Helix series, the John Vornholt novel about Tom Riker and Chakotay's band of Maquis. In context, I think you're probably thinking of the second book, Vectors by Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch, which was about Dr. Pulaski on Terok Nor during the occupation.

As for the Terok Nor trilogy, the first book is by James Swallow (who posts here), and the latter two are by S. D. Perry & Britta Dennison.

19. The Nth Doctor

Crud, that's my fault. I initially thought it was Vectors, but then convinced myself it was Quarantine. I always got titles for those two and the first book confused. :lol:

20. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was a one of the Terek Nor titles changed because I don't rememebr this title...