Terminator-202 "Automatic For the People" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Sep 14, 2008.

?

Grade "Automatic For the People"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

11.1%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

48.6%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

34.7%
  4. "Hasta La Vista Baby." (Below Average)

5.6%
  5. "You are Terminated." (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

What did the blood on the wall say? What that from Future Guy from the beginning? Didn't he die at the beginning? And if not, where did he go and why didn't Sarah and Co. notice him missing?

Gotta say, I wasn't feeling it this episode. A somewhat interesting mystery, but they dispatched the Terminator way to easy the end there. I so hope we don't go into the Terminator of the week with this show.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

That was a pretty decent episode.

3. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that liquid-bot morph scene at the end didnt look too great. :/

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's a TV show budget that's probably already long on the FX. Cut them some slack.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cameron is becoming more and more River-like as this show goes on.

6. timmay2411

timmay2411 Captain Captain

Ya Zoic does good work usually.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The TechCOM soldier was dead - at least I believe he was. The wall was the season's mystery.

A few of them were different upcoming episode titles.

I voted "Come with me if you want to live."

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

They are saving a lot of their budget for upcoming episodes. Some of the upcoming T-1001 battle scenes are going to be CGI intensive.

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

*In best Desmond accent*

"Penny!"

Good episode tonight. Kind of an interesting mission for them to be on and we get another glimpse at the future war. Also, nice to see some familiar faces. A very pregnant Busy Phillips from Freaks and Geeks (she just had her kid a few weeks ago I read) and Paul Schoze, the annoying missionary from Rambo. Riley reminded me a lot of Emilie de Ravin.

Sending John to school is just plain stupid at this point. I understand Sarah wants him to learn as much as he can but it's too much of a liability and what the hell does he need to learn English for? Can't blame him for deciding to hang out with the chick and he actually resembles a man with that new haircut. He's still a whiny little bitch though.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Picard- Make it so

Must be because "Batman begins" is on ABC :D

John: People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as John Connor, as a man I'm flesh and blood I can be ignored I can be destroyed but as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.

Teri Hatcher walks up and Sarah Connor blows a hole in her chest but Hatcher turns out to be a T-1002!

11. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I gave the episode an "above average." I'm not terribly keen on Riley; I think they might be adding a few too many semi-regular characters.

I particularly enjoyed the scene with Sarah and Cameron watching the ridiculous training video. Cameron's intent gaze at the television--complete with clipboard perched on her lap--was hilarious.

It does seem that Cameron is in her default "terminate John Connor mode" but is continually applying an override that seems like it is about to slip every once in a while.

Perhaps that internal struggle is what causes her to glitch and forget who she is in her "origin" episode.
    As for the shoddy plant security, I'm wondering if that all was part of you-know-who's plan to facilitate a takeover. Sarah and Cameron slipping in would thus be an unintended side effect.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

As an English teacher, I resent that! :p

Yeah, Riley sucks.

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked this one better than the premiere. One of my gripes with the series is that I don't want it to become a long series of chase scenes. This one was a bit of a mystery that also had some character development for John, a new girlfriend (but I was a little surprised that Sarah let her stay there all night), and had some nice interplay between Sarah and Cameron, while also working in the supporting cast.

14. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Medicore episode. I thought Cameron going to school was to protect John there. Now...he's there alone. But mediocre Terminator is still kewl. :cool:

Preggo: "Why are you so roughed up?"

Sarah: "We were in a car accident...teaching that one how to drive."

Preggo: "Oh, I thought it might have been rough sex."

Later...

Nuclear plant Lady: "Can I ask you why are you so..."

Sarah: "Car accident!"
    Cameron: "Rough sex!"

Nuclear Plant Lady: '"Excuse me?"

Cameron: "Car accident!"
    Sarah: "Rough sex!"

15. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

It was better than the premiere. I definitely like the mystery elements more. Plus more character moments are good.

But what's up with the guy from the future? John supposedly knows where he lived in the past (despite interference), but doesn't know that this guy will have a bad transport? He doesn't know that the T-1000 will turn their actions against them? The more people they send back from the future, the more screwed up the story becomes. And that led us to the terminator of the week...

And again with the religion? Ugh. Handing out a Bible, Ellison? Man, you really are a thumper.

16. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if it was a bad transport or injury just before or at the time of transport. I'll have to rewatch.

Well, if I'd seen what Ellison had seen, I'd probably start handing out more Bibles than the Gideons...and I'm not even religious! ;)

17. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Average. Felt like a filler episode. The girl with John is cute, and I don't care for blondes.

18. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I kinda have poor eyesight, but it seemed like some of the time displacement electricity struck his peck. Perhaps there was more to it and someone else can elaborate? I hope so, because wouldn't a strike from something so hot just cauterize the wound?

I'm not religious either, and I wouldn't suddenly convert just because I knew people made killing machines and that there was essentially a time war. I tend to take the side of Sarah's "beliefs" from the previous episode.

19. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

I voted average. I really hope that the quality of this episode is not indicative of the rest of the season. I love terminator and I really want the show to continue. More episodes like this and it could get harder to get renewed in a couple of years.

20. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave this one an average bordering on below average.

First. It looks like my fears about this show are becoming more and more a reality. Looks like we are gonna get a new Terminator every week plus this week we get another future soldier as a bonus. :rolleyes:

Second. Was every soldier in the future captured by the Terminators? Every one so far has been branded. How did they all escape?

Third. How did the Future soldier know where the Connors live? They just moved!

Fourth. It's already been mentioned about how easy Sarah and Cameron got into the Nuke plant so quick. I guess they don't have background checks and drug testing at such and important facility, Oh gosh what am I saying, they proved time and time again their security sucks . :rolleyes:

Fifth. Now regular Terminators can make themselves look like anyone?

Sixth. I'm already getting tired of rebellious John and I'm gonna die of cancer Sarah.

Seventh. ya know what? Never mind, I could probably get to fifteen very easy.

Can I take my vote back? I want to make it below average.