Ten Forward Lounge - Miscellaneous General Chat & Welcome Thread

Welcome, @Jim Klag , I hope you enjoy it here!

I believe the name @Kilana2 was referring to was your username. Most of us tend not to use our real names, so we have to pick a name to identify us.

Although if that is in fact your real last name, having the same name as a Star Trek character is certainly interesting! I guess it could be a blessing or a curse, depending on your perspective! :lol:

I believe the name @Kilana2 was referring to was your username. Most of us tend not to use our real names, so we have to pick a name to identify us.

Although if that is in fact your real last name, having the same name as a Star Trek character is certainly interesting! I guess it could be a blessing or a curse, depending on your perspective! :lol:
Yeah. I figured that. I generally use my real name as a username. I suppose it is a happy coincidence (and a pointer to a potential avatar) that my last name links me to the guy who said, "Gagh is always best when served live."

I also didn't take into account that our newbie might not be familiar with Klag. Klag is mostly a litverse character. Not everyone is familiar with litverse characters with only one on-screen appearance.

I also didn't take into account that our newbie might not be familiar with Klag. Klag is mostly a litverse character. Not everyone is familiar with litverse characters with only one on-screen appearance.

Admittedly, I’ve wanted the Gorkon/Klingon Empire series to return for a while. But now I’m hoping for a return more than ever, because we need this line:

“I am Klag, son of M’Raq, captain of the IKS Gorkon, the hero of Marcan V! … But you can call me Jim.”

;)

Last edited:
welcome to the both of you! Make yourselves comfortable and don't hesitate to ask a Moderator or one of us oldtimers if you have a question. We're a crazy bunch but most of us are very nice (though some hide their niceness under a grumpy shell *grins at @Santaman*).
Make sure to visit the Lounges. They are a specialty of this board. Every rank has their own lounge and it's in my experience an excellent place to make friends. Quite a few people who were Cpatains or Fleet Captains with me have become my real life friends :)

As for Klingon cuisine: I'd prefer targh to gagh. Being eaten alive must be a very unpleasant experience for any being. Indubitably lettuce disapproves of it, too, but I draw the line a step further up on the evolutionary line with oysters and worms.

Oh. @Jim Klag beat me to it. He seems to be familiar with this character....:klingon:. Welcome and Qapla'.
Actually, my wife is the true Trekkie in residence. Klag son of M'Raq (obviously because of the name coincidence) is one of the few Star Trek characters I could have answered about coherently. However, I shall learn Trek lore as rapidly as possible. I am a science geek (40 years as an engineer) and a lover of space exploration. Just happy to be here.

Back