Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed. I have nothing further to add. :)

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a good episode, but given the angel plot I was hoping for some plot development.

And yes, Crowley's phone call was hilarious. It was such an obvious joke, but it worked so well.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I don't believe that Crowley is telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. After all, his lips were moving.

The thing that struck me weird about this episode was that there were only a handful of victims. If this Angel wanted to euthanize anyone giving off waves of depression, it should have been mass slaughter.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why deals instead of taking.

The consensual damned vs the unfairly surprise damned.

"Pissapointment".

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yes, MUCH better episode. The killer angel was just a fill-in-the-blank monster of the week, but it did give us some great character development for Cas. I loved the scene with him talking to the baby--so sweet!

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he just could't talk to the baby in his Castiel voice and his normal voice came through. :)

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

This was different. "Bad Boys" felt like an early season episode.
    "Just" a ghost instead of world shattering epic Angel & Demons stuff.
    And it was a nice twist that she only stayed with good intentions to protect her son, sort of like Bobby but was slowly driven mad over time and losing herself.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I liked seeing just a "normal" old ghost story. Some good insights into Dean's youth, too. Pretty good episode.

9. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What a weird Being Erica episode.

The Dean flashbacks and reunions worked pretty well. The kid playing teen Dean really nailed the scene where Papa Winchester arrives at the worst time to pick him up -- a nice bittersweet moment.

As soon as we were introduced to the owner of the troubled boys home, my first thought was: Josh Brolin?

The monster of the week was a pretty lousy "Mama" rip-off. I was hoping the writer would put a unique Supernatural spin on the idea of a protective yet insane ghost, but he just copied "Mama" beat for beat -- even going so far as to use the child drawings as crudely illustrated exposition.

An uneven episode, IMO.

10. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it kind of sheds more light on why Dean was so irritated of Sam's longing and attempts at having a 'normal life' because Dean had found one as a teen and gave it up (in part because he looked through that window and saw Sam in the car and realized he had to go back for him and didn't want him to become the replacement in his Dad's eyes.)

Of course when I say that I should clarify it explains how Dean reacted prior to season 6. Once Dean went and had his 'normal' life with Lisa & Ben I think he lost the right to be pissed at Sam when he went off to have a normal life with that veternarian.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Come on Sam and Dean. You can take on Angels, Demons, Archangels, and Greek Gods, but you can't last more than a minute against a single ghost? Pathetic.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was nothing special, but it was nice to see a simple ghost story again after the melodrama of the last few years. It was like watching a long lost episode from season 2.

12. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It's always good to see Erica Strange. It would be nice if she became a recurring character.

Yeah, that scene was handled really well.

13. Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks Commodore Commodore

This episode was great. It reminded me of After School Special from S4 which is one of my favorites.

14. auntiehill

Finally had time to watch this one. I really liked---despite the lame "Mama" ripoff, because the Monster of the Week plot wasn't all that important. What was important was seeing a little glimpse into Dean's character, a side of him of which we haven't been shown often. I thought the young actor did a great job as Teen Dean. I really enjoyed it. It was a nice break from the "Fate of the World" drama of late.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This episode still has not appeared on On Demand. I may never get to see it. :rommie:

16. auntiehill

You can watch it here, on the CW website.

17. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That page is unavailable.

If the internet wants to kill TV, I'm fine with that, and I'll even pay a buck an hour. But "That page is unavailable" is not going to cut it.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

that link worked for me earlier today

19. auntiehill

^maybe it's only available in the US or something; they do that sometimes. It works for us but not for him.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I see that Erin Karpluk has been on the show twice and played a character named Monica both times.