Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Oh yeah....forgot about that. A forgivable error, I think, as most viewers probably only know the movie and wouldn't get the silver slippers vs ruby slippers.

2. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Hmm...about the garage. Are we to assume that Sam and Dean didn't know there was one. Dean seemed upbeat about having the Impala parked there. So they-and Kevin never bothered looking around? Or are they fans of Stargate Atlantis, and just decided not to explore the ancient city/secret bunker place at all? :rolleyes:

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

isn't the hole thing build into a mountain (no pun intended).
    So it is probably meant to be a whole lot bigger than the 2-3 sets imply.
    Also a lot of the doors could be sort of hidden.Dorothy knew where the garage was because she left her motorcycle there and left the door open for Dean and Sam to find.

4. auntiehill

WHOLE thing.

Yes, that was my understanding as well. There were lots of doors, boxes, corridors, rooms, etc. so there may well be things they haven't discovered or been able to access yet--especially as they have been, you know, kinda busy.

5. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really glad you don't watch Once Upon a Time then.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

He does watch Once.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I do indeed. I like places that don't exist. :rommie:

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't follow this show as closely as others... is the idea of the Land of Oz being a another dimension consistent with the show's universe? I thought there was only the Heaven and Hell and Purgatory dimensions?

9. auntiehill

...and the alternate dimension where Supernatural is a TV show and Misha was killed by a demon chasing the real Dean & Sam ("The French Mistake"). So yes, other dimensions are canon.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah! I forgot about that episode! Objection rescinded :cool:

11. auntiehill

How in the hell could you forget about THAT episode???

"Wait. Your name is Robert Singer? What kind of douchebag names a character after himself!?" :guffaw:

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLj7xLtO6Rw[/yt]

God, I loved that episode. :lol:

13. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was right, tonights episode was god awlful. Really have the writers run out of ideas? Even some of the stuff last year seemed to be attempts at spin offs instead of writing a good story for the show. And this episode tonight was, well boring and next weeks dont look much better.
    Just that clip above shows how much this show has run out of gas.

Plus can any explain to me what happened to all The Leviathans? Its like they never happened. Surely they are still out there running around. You think by now we would of ran across some of them, an they would surely help against the angels right now.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

^ I couldn't disagree with you more. I thought it was a fun episode. I like it when this series steps out of the box, and does something "meta" or funny, just cause it can, and it fits within universe. I love it.

The episode does also evolve the Zeke/Sam plot. Sam is now really wondering if something is going on with him that's not normal.

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It had it's moments, but this episode was mostly too silly. With all animals able to "talk" to each other telepathically with perfectly human thoughts and personalities.
    Just that bit too much Dr Doolittle for my taste.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could get by the personalities of the animals somewhat, but I didn't buy that a dog would be able to read for some reason ;)

But my biggest gripe was something which happens a lot in fantasy/sci-fi stuff and that is what the chameleon 'ability' allowed the person to somehow make the clothes they wore also become camoflauged.

If you take a chameleon and put some tiny clothes on it...The clothes will not become camoflauged.

17. auntiehill

I love Supernatural. I love the characters, I love the plots, and I love the humor.

But this episode stunk.

18. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Yeah. The only bonus for me is that I love German Shepherds, and The Colonel was a beautiful dog with a very kind face.

Can someone tell me what happened in the las 5 minutes? My dvr cut out at the point where the pack attacked the baddie. Do I even want to know if they addressed The Colonel's fate or if they left him hanging as another plot device they no longer needed?

19. auntiehill

They gave him to the douchey hippie couple that ran the vegan cafe.

20. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Oh, the poor Colonel...he will not be pleased with vegan dog food!