Superman

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by urbandefault, Jan 18, 2020.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

That scene in Crisis was such a letdown

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Raising your kids human, without lying constantly, requires being human.

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Assuming you're talking about Action Comics #761, it's quite the opposite, actually. He remains true to Lois, struggling to hold on to his memories of her even as they fade over the centuries:

[​IMG]

It's a lovely story.
    When I recently rewatched Smallville, I realized just how much sense it would make for this version of the character to permanently give up his powers to have a life with Lois. There's an early, memorable episode of the series ("Hourglass") where Clark experiences a nightmarish vision of his future, standing alone at night in a stormy graveyard surrounded by the graves of everyone he loves, having outlived them all. And he was always pretty conflicted about his abilities anyway. It's clear in "CoIE" that Lex believes (with contempt and disgust) that Smallville Clark surrendered his abilities in exchange for a normal life and family, and I think he's right, that's exactly what Clark did.

Commander Troi and Guy Gardener like this.
  4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I read an issue somewhere after that where he explained what happened to someone else, and I just made it filthy.

Although I read 761 last night and he thought Diana smelled pretty.

Another 200 years and Diana would have come home pregnant.

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

6. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I can respect that.

7. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

He's been portrayed always living longer than others. The Dark Knight Returns also showed this with how Bruce was already totally white haired (at only 55) but Superman still looked exactly the same.