Superman

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by urbandefault, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon Stealer of all the cookies in time and space Premium Member

OMG I love that last line..... "Supes is lucky he got to keep Lois"

2. Dee1891

Dee1891 Captain Captain

Aside from a handful of early Season 1 episodes, I never really followed "Supergirl". But I must admit that I really enjoyed Cryer's version of the character in the "Crisis of Infinite Earths" crossover event.

3. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

Ultra-Humanite made something of a comeback IIRC.

4. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

March 14th!

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope there is a crossover. Last chance to have one

6. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt there will be a full-on crossover, but some Arrowverse characters from other shows (including Supergirl's Nia Nal) have been announced as appearing in The Flash's final season. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more to come.

Commander Troi likes this.
  7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Diggle could meet a 5 year old Sarah Diggle.

ClarkKent20012011 likes this.
  8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I know but they are just the minions. We need at least one for the Flash to team up with the big boss

9. Gingerbread Demon

Ooh cool more dreamer please

Commander Troi and The Realist like this.
  10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was really disappointed they killed Titus Welliver's Lex in his first episode of Titans, what we got in that good and I was hoping we'd see more of him.

11. Gingerbread Demon

Jon Cryer was fantastic as Lex

12. ClarkKent20012011

ClarkKent20012011 Cadet Newbie

I have a favorite superman! It's Tom Welling, his Kal-el grew in the role for ten years and battled some great foes! And Clark had some terrific character development! And I am not only saying it because I was nine years old when Smallville aired its pilot. But he had a better ten years than Chris Reeve and Henry Cavill! He never played second fiddle to Oliver Queen or any of the DC characters who appeared throughout its run, and most importantly, the quality never dipped.

13. Gingerbread Demon

In any version of the Superman story is he immortal on Earth or just lives very long?

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Punk Premium Member

There have been stories where's he's very long lived. DC 1 Million was one. And there was a multi issue arc in the Silver Age where he out lived Earth.

Skipper likes this.
  15. Gingerbread Demon

Thank you so it depends on who wrote the story and what comic age. Thanks

16. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Right. Smallville also implied he might be nigh-immortal (at least till he de-powered himself, per the Arrowverse's "Crisis on Infinite Earths").

Guy Gardener likes this.
  17. Guy Gardener

Superman and Wonder Woman got trapped in a pocket dimension for 40 thousand years and boned the whole time. After he got out, after he remembered that he was married to Lois, he apologized for cheating and acted like it never happened.

In John Byrnes Generations, an elseworlds story, Batman and Superman started in the 1940s, and each of the issues in the 4 issue limited series covered one decade. At one point, Clark has to start wearing old man makeup so Lois does not look like she's cheeky old bat robbing the cradle.

All of the DC Annuals one year were about what happened to the heroes after the world ended. Thousand year old Clark is explaining to his great great grand son, that every new generation of Kryptonian Human hybrid offspring is a little weaker than the last, and it really shows by how less graphically they explode out of their human mothers when being born. Why, he says, I can imagine a day when my distant progeny might just crawl out of a vagina without killing their mother.

In Alan Moore's "What ever Happened to the man of Tomorrow?" which is the absolute conclusion to the DC comics stories that started in the 1930s, Superman fakes his death, and Clark uses Gold Kryptonite to strip his own powers, and he lives happily ever after with Lois growing old together. There's a time travel flub in this issue where Supergirl from the Past before she dies in Crisis, shows up, bumps into her boyfriend Braniac 5, and he starts crying.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Skipper likes this.
  18. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, like others said, the Pre-Crisis Superman was virtually immortal. Then there is this excellent Elseworld story by John Byrne
    [​IMG]

19. Guy Gardener

There's a bunch of further volumes of generations, that fleshes out the original mini series.

Skipper likes this.
  20. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Maybe he only depowered himself when he is working on the farm?