Spoilers "Superman & Lois" Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Realist, Dec 16, 2021.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't take that as any implication or confirmation that Darkseid and Mannheim are one and the same, but it does suggest that Darkseid will be involved in the show's Intergang storyline. It'll be interesting to see what twist they play on the traditional mythology, since they seem pretty committed to taking elements from the comics and reimagining them in unexpected and unpredictable ways.

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, it's probably just an acknowledgement that Mannheim is traditionally a pawn of Darkseid, his agent on Earth.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Darkseid should sound like Dr. Claw (Frank Welker).

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

How does Frank Welker still have a voice.

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if we will get to hear Coleman sing.

6. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Micheal Ironside would like to have a talk with you... ;)

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Not familiar with his previous work, but at least visually it appears he'll be not too much of a departure from Jordan Elsass.

The Realist likes this.
  9. The Realist

Somebody posted this on Reddit -- the Season 3 fam:

[​IMG]

Kai "the spy" and Commander Troi like this.
  10. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Finished season one in the UK...it wasn't bad but it was nowhere near as good as season one. Ally was just a load of nothing as a villain, no depth at all. All the Cushing family drama got really tedious in the first half of the season (and how crazy was it of Kyle to cheat on Emmanuelle Chriqui's Lana!?) Jordan crying about Sarah got a bit annoying too though it made sense for a teenage boy. They seemed to have trouble finding stuff for John Henry to do and kept coming up with reasons to sideline him. On the plus side, Lana finding out about Clark made for a good story and I enjoyed the Bizarro Earth stuff. Tal Rho was good fun in his appearances. It's certainly still better than something like The Flash but I hope it somehow gets back to season one quality for season three...

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

When your show is about a family with two teenagers, it's kind of expected that a significant portion of the show is going to focus on their teen drama.
    Hopefully he at least won't be from another parallel Earth.

danellis and Commander Troi like this.
  12. Christopher

Maybe he'll be from a perpendicular Earth instead.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you go by the numbers.

371 episodes + 2 theatrical movies + 2 direct to dvd videos in 10 years/8 Seasons, Titans Go! Is the be all end all of DC Comics on screen, and this is "their" Darkseid...

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Now Jordan and Jonathan look like brothers, and that they're the kids of Lois and Clark.

That being said, I did like Jordan Elyse as Jonathan.

Really looking forward to the new season. Hope it's stronger than the second.

Commander Troi, Anwar and The Realist like this.
  15. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

The Superman Homepage's Steve Younis put up a video going through all recastings in Superman (and related) TV shows:

16. Christopher

They always did. It's not immediately obvious, but I found myself noticing last season how much the two actors' features resembled each other in subtle ways.

And of course, in real life, siblings often don't resemble each other much at all. Look at, say, Dennis and Randy Quaid.

17. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, "..focused on the family drama stuff.." does not mean Spelling-styled young adult dramas. It can mean the type of well-merged family development / yes--superhero stories which made Black Lightning such a great, effective series--a series with a teenage daughter and young adult daughter as main characters. That kind of synergy did not happen on S&L.

18. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I always preferred Phyllis Coates to Noel Neal. Coates has more of that Lois gumption and passion.

But I like both actors for Superboy. They each brought something to their take on a pre-Daily Planet Clark Kent. Though Gerard Christopher played it more like Chris Reeve.

I like Michael Landis more than Justin Whalin on LOIS AND CLARK. And I didn't have an issue distinguishing Landis from Dean Cain.

The Realist likes this.
  19. Christopher

That's true, and she was better-looking too. But I do think Neill was engaging in her own way, a more accessible, relatable Lois.

He also looked uncannily like Reeve from at least some angles.

They were both good as Superboy, but Newton's Clark never quite worked for me. And Christopher's Superboy was warmer and more accessible.

Oh, he was immensely better. He had enormous charm. Whalin was just dull.

20. The Realist

Neill is more fun as Lois in the Kirk Alyn serials than she is in AoS. She plays a couple of exceptionally nasty tricks on Clark in an effort to scoop him.

In one scene, she and Clark are in a car together, with Clark driving. Lois drops one of those big old-school flash bulbs out her car window, producing a loud "pop!" When Clark gets out to investigate, thinking they have blown a tire, Lois scoots over to the driver's seat and drives off without him.

Another time, she offers to let Clark borrow her car, then reports it stolen so he gets pulled over and arrested. :lol: