Spoilers "Superman & Lois" Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Realist, Dec 16, 2021.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

With almost a month to go before the season premiere on January 11, the Superman & Lois publicity machine is already chugging away, with new bits appearing pretty much every day. I've been posting that stuff in the Season 1 thread, but somebody suggested it might be time for a new one, and with the promo material becoming increasingly spoilery for the new season, I tend to agree.

I haven't even watched the video below, because I've just about reached my limit on wanting to see new content out of the context of the episode itself, but for those interested, have at it. Just please spoiler-tag any specific discussion of new scenes or dialogue.

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I completely forgot that Natalie the other Earth's Lois's daughter.

3. The Realist

Another promo vid, again with a little bit of new footage:

4. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. actress Elizabeth Henstridge put a photo on Instagram today with her name on the slate as the director of the season's seventh episode.

5. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Awesome!

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Commander Troi and Caretaker like this.
  7. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I love how Lois fell for Clark not Superman first in this version. I can't wait for the new season.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's pretty much been the standard approach in most versions since the John Byrne comics reboot in 1986 (with the exception of Superman: The Animated Series, in which Lois saw Clark more as a professional rival).

9. The Realist

Yet another new promo vid (that I'm not watching):

And a new poster:

[​IMG]

10. The Realist

Another day, another vid. I really appreciate how much promotional love the CW gives this show.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So is Kyle going to end up being this show's civilian character who is constantly getting pulled into the bad guys schemes?

12. The Realist

13. The Realist

https://www.gamesradar.com/superman...llains-will-cause-trouble-for-clark-and-lois/
    Gotta say, Todd, you're making me nervous with the "T" word .... :shifty:

14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

15. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

And Steel & his daughter.

Commander Troi and Ovation like this.
  16. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Right. Knew I’d forget some.

17. The Realist

Eh, it in no way feels like a "team" in the mode of the go-to Arrowverse formula. More like a family working together to solve problems (which it literally is).

The dread that wakes me up sweating in the middle of the night is the show accumulating a whole gaggle of costumed goobers like barnacles, so that Clark has to jump up and down and wave his arms so you can spot him among the massed throng of spandexed super-humanity. That shit was absolute poison to Supergirl in its later years, and I so don't want it to happen here.
    I do fear that Steel is the first step down the slippery slope, but he is such a welcome presence, and he and Supes play off each other so well, that I'll allow it. But for the love of Rao, Helbing, please quit while you're ahead.

18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Just wait until Conner Kent, protoplasm Supergirl, Comet the Superhorse, and Elastic-Lad show up. And Lana becomes Insect Queen…:lol:

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The thing is, being a series lead is a lot of work, especially if you're an action hero. Spreading the action out among other heroes helps make the lead actor's filming schedule more bearable and their stress levels lower. So in practical terms, it's a good idea.

Then again, Supergirl established as early as episode 2 that what differentiated Kara from Clark was that she was more of a team player than he was. So Supergirl having a large team was in character for her, while for Superman, it might be more consistent if he has a smaller team. Then again, this is a different, post-Crisis Superman who's been part of a family for a dozen or so years longer, so maybe this Clark is less of a loner than his Earth-38 version.

20. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. I remember a Youtube reviewer (Steve Shives maybe?) comparing it to watching a medical show but all the supporting characters in the show - the leads parents, siblings, friends, romantic interests - all become doctors by the end of the show, no matter what their jobs were in the beginning.

The Realist likes this.