Spoilers Supergirl - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, May 12, 2016.

1. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

I did not call you sexist.
    So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Your posts have quite some sexist content, though, that is for sure.

1) "All things equal"... who says their skill is equal? Kara might be more skilled. So "all things" are not necessarily equal.
    2) "Size matters"... Kryptonians are a fictional race. Their women might be stronger than their men. You don't know enough about the details of Kryptonian anatomy to dispute that. Or maybe female Kryptonian solar batteries just work way better than male ones. And even if that weren't the case... see 1.

The point is the writers of the show are the ones who decide how Kryptonian anatomy works. Not you. And they're pretty free in their decisions because Kryptonians are a fictional alien species.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

At this stage I think Cat Grant is a meta human whose powers are IDing all super heroes.

I will though, yes Kirk Prime you are a sexist. Am sure there are plenty of worst ones out there but you get to attend all the parties and conferences they host...

Maybe there will be cake (shaped like a huge dick of course because GO MEN!) :D

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everyone is at least a little sexist.

I want to see which one of them can make more typewriters (computers?) catch fire and explode, from typing too fast, than the other in one minute.

4. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Come on, they can't be the same guy. How could Superman fly around if he needed glasses?

JanewayRulz! likes this.
  5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I would love if it turns out despite all his powers, he actually suffers from poor vision and wear's contacts on the job.

Skipper likes this.
  6. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

dunno but think Kara was looking for the brain soap when she walked out of Cat's office :)

and there was another Star Wars moment last week - Cyborg Hank Henshaw makes the comment "Do I look like R2D2?" then extends a proper that looks like R2 into a data socket that looks like a Star Wars data port.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  7. Guy Gardener

Cat said that she slept with Clark, and saw him without his glasses.

His torso is like steel.

Foreplay could kill her, if she'd thought that he was just another doughy nerd.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

At the end when she went from her office to the balcony, it was clear people behind her could see as she began to rip off her clothes, BTW where does she keep her clothes? are people just finding them scattered on floor around the building whenever she decides to Supe up? I would love it, if everyone at Cat Co knows Kara is Supergirl and it's just a thing that happens at work and their all cool about it but have never mentioned it to her :lol:

Where's Kara? oh she left via the balcony door, give her 20 mins to save the city.

Snaploud likes this.
  9. Guy Gardener

Pray that she destroyes them with heat vision.

I imagine that she super-inhales her clothes with her superbreath, and then either regurgitates or poops them out later. ;)

In the seventies comics, earlier, Superman has a pouch (with a zipper) in his cape, where he stores his clothes after he super compresses his "businessman suit" with his super strength.

Jax likes this.
  10. Marc

forget where she hides her clothes, after every episode of Supergirl it hit me - where does she keep that big red boots? when going about as Kara Danvers? :)

Jax likes this.
  11. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Cat's comment about having slept with Clark - sans glasses - coupled with the revelation that she knows Kara is Supergirl was, I believe, intended to communicate pretty clearly to the audience that she's aware of Clark's secret as well and pretends otherwise, either because he knows she knows and asked her to behave that way, or because she recognizes why he tries to maintain that secret.

12. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Any rational mind would find sexism or any form of discrimination--misandry in this case--disturbing and/sickening. It is always so telling when those scream their belief in equality use the weapons of equality's polar opposite, and see nothing morally wrong with it.

Having worked in political and media fields over the decades, I've heard that exact belief expressed and practiced. A true revenge mentality at work, which some of its advocates work--feverishly--to make the "new normal" across society.

It's less submissive to SG, but more having him become morally bankrupt with the Lois dialogue when that is unlike the standard moral code given to the character for generations--all to make him unfit to defend earth--his first priority in every incarnation of the character.

This is such an astoundingly incorrect--and historically inaccurate statement. Any serious understanding of history reveals that oppression of all kinds has been used by nearly every culture and group against another (whether on the micro or macro scale) at one point in time or another. Unavoidable fact. Moreover, the recipient of oppression is fully capable of practicing it, which is--in fact--a part of reality. The denial of it all is the result (largely) of factions within the modern Western left, which sells the illogical idea that evil (the root of so many forms of oppression) is limited to those in power, when evil's motives and effects know no one sided point of origin, control or application.

Apparently, you do not either, if you accept the constant misandrist dialogue added to so many Supergirl scripts, and believe there's nothing offensive about it.

The same can be said of those who grin and cheer at a TV series for bolstering their own ego...which is the case, based on some of the defensive posts read here and elsewhere.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superman losing to Supergirl isn't misandry. What misandry are you talking about?

{ Emilia } and Awesome Possum like this.
  14. Marc

Oh I thought she said "I bet when he gets those glasses off....... "

15. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The idea that any woman, even fictional ones, could ever be superior to men in any way.

16. DigificWriter

Nope. Her line was "I promise you, when he takes those glasses off, he is a tiger in bed".

Kara's desire to remain willfully ignorant when it comes to the sexual habits of people she has close personal or professional ties to remains adorable and one of my favorite things about her, even now that she's engaged in some sexy times herself.

17. Guy Gardener

What made my eyes roll was Superman saying "You're stronger than me, no don't be bashful, you really are stronger than me, it's true. Feel good about yourself because I am weaker than you are strong."

A male ego wouldn't allow that to be said, and considering how well she trounced him, it was a completely unnecessary to be said.

"Hey, remember 10 minutes ago when you kicked my ass? I figured it out. You're stronger, faster and tougher than me, which is only a weird technicality, but if you weren't stronger, faster and tougher than me, I would been standing over you beaten to death body. So it's lucky that you sneakily tricked me by being stronger faster and tougher. Real lucky."

Phoenix219 likes this.
  18. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

As a woman I wish my experiences with sexism would also limit themselves to seeing a superhero alien of my gender lose a fight against another superhero.

Except of course that isn't even sexism but the fact that some guys see it like that says so much about systemic issues.

Awesome Possum likes this.
  19. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And...wrong again. It's the idea that Kara specifically, can beat Superman, specifically, which should not happen.

20. DigificWriter

And here we go again. You just don't know when to quit.