Stuff that make you wonder but not own thread worthy

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JesterFace, Aug 27, 2022.

1. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just thought she was being facetious in saying she knew Frankenstein. She was, after all, trying to make a point about science experiments running amok.

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I forget a lot of what has happened on Discovery, but am I right in thinking that we're about to end a five season run without ever having seen the warp core?

3. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe so.

4. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I thought we have seen it. Haven't we?

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The space known as engineering was sort of retconned into being that after a while, but there's one ep where Stamets kind of gestures towards that small area up the stairs when mentioning the core, so...I dunno?

I guess they don't use it much so there was no call to spend money on constructing it. :shrug:

Edit: No! I was wrong about us never seeing it, but it's also definitely not in that room that they pretend is engineering. In That Hope is You Part II we do see the core just as it ejects, and it's in some undefined cavernous space. Because of course it is. And the ejection system is janky as hell. it drops down a vertical shaft with no guidance, just falling and banging against the sides scraping metal, etc. The engineers who designed the Crossfield class were effing weird, man. ;)

trekshark likes this.
  6. Gingerbread Demon

They must have been on some good shrooms/ drugs.

Before Q was Q he eas Eugene Bradford on Days Of Our Lives and vanished in a time machine and returned briefly with an android wife.

7. Gingerbread Demon

Haha Genesis is a funny episode.

Troi became a fish.. Picard becomes a lemur.
    Very fancy.

8. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ironically, they refused to show us what happened to Geordi, but he was there, & probably devolving into some primate like the rest of the humans, except patient zero, Barclay.

However, this makes it the 2nd time that poor guy gets mutated into another creature, & it's probable that this time he didn't regain his eyesight & was just hiding in a crawl space, hoping to not get eaten

9. Gingerbread Demon

Poor guy can't catch a break.

Would have been cool to see what he turned into.

Another good one is Emergence which had lots of big ideas and big implications, but we never get to explore all that because in two episodes the series ends.

10. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  11. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I thought it was interesting that in many instances, the 'devolution' seemed to match some personality trait of the character.

Barclay was very nervous and afraid of spiders - he became a spider.
    Troi was empathic and very sensitive to emotions of others- often symbolized by the water element. She became an amphibian.
    Worf -of course- became a fierce predator animal.
    Riker: originally portrayed as a bold, confident, sometimes even arrogant and somewhat impulsive officer in his first year trying to get the ladies (granted- he grows up a lot). He becomes a proto-humanoid.
    So, what did Picard do to 'deserve' to devolve into a lemur? He never struck me as being particularly timid or cautious :)

12. Gingerbread Demon

Picard's is the one that makes the least sense.

Commander Troi likes this.
  13. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Barclay isn't afraid of spiders. He even specifically says so in Realm of Fear.

14. Gingerbread Demon

I have a good one.

If the Earth / Federation has no money how did civilians manage to get hold of starships and form the maquis?

I mean you can't just walk up to someone and say "Hey nice ship can I have one" which again the economics of Trek make no bloody sense. If no money exists you could ask for anything couldn't you?

Also thinking on that one these are warp capable ships, so faster than light travel just seems a huge amount of power for inexperienced hands to play with.

15. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

In "Hollow Pursuits", Beverly's "lady of the manor" counterpart threatens her sullen offspring that "Master Barclay will spank you if you don't behave". While I'm assuming this was an idle remark Barclay threw in for atmosphere, one does wonder how misbehaving children typically get dealt with in the 24th century. Do they still have time-out chairs?

16. Gingerbread Demon

No they probably get a stern talking to by Worf

Commander Troi and Oddish like this.
  17. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I could see that being... effective.

18. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

True, but he did looked scared at the end when O'Brien brought his spider out.

19. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Well, as spiders go, that one was... rather large.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

He looked mildly alarmed at having a huge tarantula on him, I'll give you that.
    He certainly didn't react how I would have. ;)