Poll Streaming Trek vs Wars

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by F. King Daniel, Sep 26, 2022.

?

Streaming Trek vs Wars: Which is better?

1. Star Trek

58.3%
  2. Star Wars

41.7%
  1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's always struck me as an entirely artificial rivalry, perpetuated by a tiny subset of "fans" who just want an excuse to argue. Personally I find it to be both infantile and a tedious waste of energy.

Saul and fireproof78 like this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. School yard argumentation at best.

3. Dee1891

Dee1891 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Both the Star Trek and Star Wars productions tend to post their stuff once a week. Which is . . . you know, okay. But if I must be frank, I've been more invested in watching the newer Star Wars productions. I haven't been that invested in the newer Trek stuff, aside from Seasons 1-2 of "Discovery" and "Picard" (which I'm not that impressed by).

Are we supposed to consider the idea that "Obi-Wan Kenobi" was mediocre or terrible? Because that is one idea I absolutely refuse to accept. It's my favorite Star Wars DisneyPlus production, so far.

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly, we all know Doctor Who is the best so the argument is silly.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  5. fireproof78

Same. It had a strong through line which I thoroughly enjoyed.
    Sure...that's it...

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can like both. I like both! I was curious which everyone thought had done a better job of streaming content.

And I haven't finished it yet, but Obi-Wan is way better than I was expecting. Watching part V tonight.

7. F. King Daniel

Update: Watched V and VI. Very, very good show. I was not a fan of the prequels at all (or the OG trilogy for that matter), but this made me care about these characters. Even Annie.

8. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, my basic instinct would be to say I like a lot of both, though of all of them I've probably enjoyed the Mandalorian most, but with Picard and Lower decks very close behind it, but this particular point is 100% the tie-breaker that puts Disney way over the top. I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger dick move towards fans than yanking DSC off of Netflix the *day* before season 4 was supposed to air with no replacement venue lined up whatsoever. There's still no legal way to see season 4 (or SNW) in this country and no solid news whatsoever about when that will change.

Unimatrix Q likes this.
  9. F. King Daniel

SW doesn't have the emotional oof of Picard and Data's last talk in Picard S1. ST doesn't have anything on par with the emotional Obi-Wan/Vader fight at the end of OWK. ST's de-ageing is mostly terrible but not as creepy as Young Luke in Boba. SW doesn't have anything as dull as some of Disco S4 and PIC S2. It's really mixed.

10. fireproof78

Yeah, it's way too mixed to say either has a lead. I'll watch some of both, and don't enjoy parts of all of it. Neither has a real edge.